Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Problems with ineptepub

So, I'm trying to remove the DRM from a couple of ePubs, and I keep getting an error:

File name in directory "OP <dc:f" and header "OPS/toc.ncx" differ.

The actual name of the directory and header as stated above vary depending on the original ePub file, but the error message is basically the same. I know I managed to strip the DRM a couple of times before for some other ePubs, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the script installation.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*
Just thought I'd mention that I'm running OS X.

Last edited by afa; 08-08-2010 at 12:31 AM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is against forum policy to ask for detailed assistance with DRM removal, or to provide such assistance.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
afa
The Forgotten

Really? I'm pretty sure I've seen other threads that go into pretty detailed descriptions of scripts and such. (Not that I understand any of it.)

Oh well...
Old 08-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I've solved this by unzipping and rezipping in the past. Try that first.

H
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
foxglove
novice
foxglove began at the beginning.

Device: calibre reader
I'm having the same errors, but when I try to solve it by unzipped and rezipping I"m told it's not an Adept DRM anymore (on rerunning the script).

I recommend ignoring Harry. If you'll look around you'll notice his hobby is pooing in lots of threads.
foxglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxglove View Post
I'm having the same errors, but when I try to solve it by unzipped and rezipping I"m told it's not an Adept DRM anymore (on rerunning the script).

I recommend ignoring Harry. If you'll look around you'll notice his hobby is pooing in lots of threads.
Considering Harry is a forum moderator, I'd recommend taking his input a bit serious. Do a bit of searching and you can easily find the information you need.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxglove View Post
Some ZIP programs don't create the very specific (ZIP compatible) structure that ePub requires. On a Mac, try using ePub Zip for Mac OS X. For Windows there is ePubPack.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
foxglove
novice
foxglove began at the beginning.

Device: calibre reader
Sadly I have been using EPub zip, the very one recommended here. I'm a MAC, obviously.
foxglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I would suggest posting your complete error message and what you are seeing to the "Dark Reverser's New Blog" or to the "Apprentice Alf Blog".

Both have people that are willing to help with issues similar to yours.

Another solution is to PM someone here and ask them for help. The key is providing the exact procedure used and the exact error message so that people can see what might be going on.

Hope something here helps,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Since this has nothing to do with DRM actually, it is just a bug in the zip archive, I can help.

Since you are on a Mac, please try the following:

1. copy the original DRM epub to your Desktop

2. open Terminal.app and in the terminal please type the following commands:

cd ~/Desktop
unzip -t NAME_OF_DRM_EPUB_FILE

This uses Mac OS X 's unzip command to "test" the archive and it will explain exactly what the problem is and which file name needs to be modified.

PM me with that error message and I can walk you though how to fix your original DRM epub file so that it is proper.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote