Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
Books won't open

I've converted some books from a pdb file (mobi) to epub for the nook. I'm using Calibre version 0.6.39. I have nook set as the default for epub output. When I try to open it on the Nook, it tries to open the book, then defaults back to the menu I was on and it doesn't work. I've tried with a handful of different books and I get the same result every time. Any help??
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
I've converted some books from a pdb file (mobi) to epub for the nook. I'm using Calibre version 0.6.39. I have nook set as the default for epub output. When I try to open it on the Nook, it tries to open the book, then defaults back to the menu I was on and it doesn't work. I've tried with a handful of different books and I get the same result every time. Any help??
Are the books drm'd, primetime?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

For more help, I'm attaching one of the files that won't open. It converts, but it won't open on the Nook. Thanks.

---No they are not DRM'd
Attached Files
File Type: prc Mortal Messiah v1 - McConkie-.prc (413.2 KB, 258 views)
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
It converted fine for me, and was readable on Calibre in epub.

I'm not sure what your problem is.....but someone more knowledgeable will post soon.

Hang in there.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
primetime34
Zealot

Yea, it reads fine in Calibre for me as well. It just won't open on the Nook. I'm able to convert other file formats that I have and read them on the Nook, but I have about 1000 books in this format and none of them work on the Nook. I'll patiently wait.
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
primetime34
Zealot

If I convert the books with Stanza, they then work on the Nook.....any suggestions at all? I'm glad to have a solution that works, but I don't want to have to go through and convert each book 1 by 1. I have probably 1000 in this format and that'll take a while. I'd rather use the batch feature of Calibre. Anyway, I'm willing to provide whichever file people want to see. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
primetime34
Zealot

See if this helps...here's an epub version that doesn't work on the nook and a version that does work on the nook. If anybody with more smarts than me can figure out why that is, I'd really, really appreciate it.