Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
new CF card (Transcend 8gb) 0mb free space

anyone have a clue what this may be? when i first added the card, it did indeed report a lot of free space in the content lister (the 3.5gb, more or less)
then when i added about 100mb via the usb cable, 'free space' went to 0, and has stayed there since, even though when i access the card through the windows explorer (while inserted in the iLiad) it reports that everything 7.5gb-99mb is free..
and when i do df-h
i get
/dev/hda1 7.5G 7.5G 0 100% /media/cf

can anyone help? windows reports the drive as being formatted fat32.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Sounds like somehow the filesystem on the card was corrupted. You're best best is to copy off of it what you can, and reformat it.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

odd, that
oh, well.. we'll see if it stays working longer this time.. couldn't download stuff from iDS to it anymore
Old 04-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."

.. and it happened again. i wonder what causes this.
the only thing i can sort of correlate it with (sample size = 2 is fairly shitty, though) is after connecting it to the PC (and possibly having the Companion Software auto-backup stuff)

update: and #3.. only now definitely not after using the companion software, but just after transferring files to it using windows explorer. has anyone else experienced this? (I'm not in possession of a card reader, so the iLiad is playing cardreader for me)

btw: if you have a card >4gb, is it normal for the content lister to count down from 4gb(the max it can display) - (amount used), rather than to display the 'free space available' amount that it could also use? because it did that before it corrupted.

if i move files off the CF card to the main memory after the corruption occurs (using emelfm2), the amount removed is again shown as free space, but no more. is there a tool i could run on the iliad itself to see if it can find faults in the file system?

update 3:
when i run chkdsk x:, i get this
"The type of the file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

Last edited by zerospinboson; 04-17-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 AM   #5
riccioberto
riccioberto began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I had the same problem with a 4GB Transcend CF card (0% space left reported by the iLiad). It wasn't just a matter of wrong labels: I couldn't move any file onto the CF card by using the iLiad itself, since the card was interpreted as completely full by the e-reader OS.
Simply reformatting the card definitely solved the problem.
riccioberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert