Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Leighton
Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Exclusively for Kindle Readers in the UK

Buried Strangers, the second book in my Chief Inspector Mario Silva series, is now available on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buried-Stran...2023565&sr=1-3

These are critically acclaimed crime novels set in Brazil.
Back in December, the New York Times called the series "irresistible".
And now the price is as well: just £2.15 for readers in the UK.

You can check out all of my books here: http://www.leightongage.com
Leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Is there any specific reason why you will only and solely sell your books in UK, and excluding the rest of the world?
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Leighton
Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Availability of the Chief Inspector Mario Silva Series

Actually, Bikeridr, my books are available in most countries of the world.
It's like this:
In the United States, Canada and several other places, the rights are held by my North American publisher.
And they are the ones who market the e-books.
In certain countries in Europe the books are available in translation, and the European publishers handle that part of it.
But, elsewhere, I retain the rights, and I am free to put up e-books to my heart's content.
What's more, I can do so at a price that I, not the publisher, determines.
Thereby making the books more widely available and increasing readership.
Why Amazon and Kindle specifically?
Because, as far as I know, they are the only ones that allow me to pick and choose the countries, thereby avoiding any infringement of rights I may have licensed.
Why have I specifically mentioned the UK here on the forum?
Because I have recently put the books up in the UK Kindle store, which is quite a different operation from Amazon.com which functions elsewhere in the world, but not in the UK.
I cannot list all of the links for my books everywhere in the world, because that would be a daunting proposition.
The links all vary, country by country.
That's how Amazon sets it up to avoid the aforementioned copyright infringement.
The URL address will always be different depending on where you search it from.
If, for example, you live in Australia, and search for a Kindle copy of Blood of the Wicked on Amazon, the site will direct you here: http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Wicked-I...dp/B004BA54ZG/
But, if you do the same thing in Italy, Amazon will direct you here:
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Wicked-I...9664002&sr=1-3
Sorry about the long explanation, but I don't know how to respond to your question any more succinctly.
And thanks for asking.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Leighton

Ah, one more thing I should mention.
If you go to the aforementioned links there in Latvia, you'll be able to read about the books, but the site will not offer them to you for purchase. It will tell you that the books "aren't currently available".
But, if you search the books on Amazon.com, and then go to the page they give you, you will be able to buy the books.
It's all part of the system of controls.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Thank you for the clarification.
I never checked the .com site as your headline of this tread was "Exclusively UK".
Anyway, I found your books at amazon.com and bought the "Blood of the wicked" and "Buried Strangers".
They're up on my TBR-list.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
Leighton

Thanks!

How very kind!
I truly hope the books are to your taste.

If you have a moment, you might like to drop by the blog I do with seven other authors of international mysteries.
We don't write about our books, or the craft of writing, but rather about items of cultural and historical interest that take place in the countries in which we set our stories.
My posts, on Mondays, are almost exclusively about Brazil -- and they form a good backdrop to the books.
There's an extensive archive that goes back for well over a year, and I"m sure you'll find a number of items likely to pique your curiosity.
You'll find us here: http://murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Happy Reading!

Tags
brazil, buried strangers, leighton gage, police procedurals