Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Comment Received in Doctor's Surgery

I was called in to the surgery and Doctor quickly dispensed with the ailment, as he was ogling my K3.

Doctor: What's that you've got there? Is it an Ipad?
Me: No. It's a Kindle.
Doctor: Can I look at all my photos on it?
Me: Not really. It's a book reader.
Doctor: Can I have a look?

I hand over the K3 to Doctor, whose face keeps lighting up like a little boy's. He keeps trying to turn the pages using the 5-way button. I put him right, and show him the dictionary. He's amazed. He left- and right-clicks the 5-way.

Doctor: Oh look! It says "Chapter 39"! Mmmm..... I'm going to write a letter to Santa Clause to see if he'll put one in my stocking!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wonder what other comments may be received by members while out and about with their K3?
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
It's nice to get other people interested in reading ebooks.

Mine hasn't been anywhere yet as I've been busy decorating all week but we're off on a cruise in October and I'm looking forward to taking the Kindle along and showing it all the sights

Sadly all my family are paper book fanatics except for me and won't entertain the idea of an ereader.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Ha, brilliant comments from the doc!
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Oh, half the fun I have in various doctors' offices is having the other patients, the nurses and the docs all inquire what my K1 is. Many ask if it is a Kindle, and all seem to be equally intrigued.

It does surprise me how many people have no idea there are ebook readers. Big, untapped market out there, eh?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
My friend mentioned on Facebook that she loved her nook and someone thought she was being inappropriate, writing back that their kids were reading her wall and she should keep it family-friendly. Two other people thought she was spelling "book" wrong. At any rate, I am glad that neither issues come up when discussing Kindle.
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
My friend mentioned on Facebook that she loved her nook and someone thought she was being inappropriate, writing back that their kids were reading her wall and she should keep it family-friendly. Two other people thought she was spelling "book" wrong. At any rate, I am glad that neither issues come up when discussing Kindle.

Naming a product can be tricky. As I recall, Apple got some guff over "iPad" when it first came out, but I guess now the sanitary napkin makers are worrying that people will think their product comes with a touch screen.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
"Kindle" is such a darned brilliant word for the device:
Kindling is small, soft pieces of dry wood; when starting off the flare is gentle, yet before long it can roar into a blaze. The comments received are the spark in the minds of the admirers. Depending on the degree of dryness, that spark will be kindled sooner or later. What a way for free publicity: to spread the news by Word of Mouth!
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by andavane View Post
"Kindle" is such a darned brilliant word for the device:
Kindling is small, soft pieces of dry wood; when starting off the flare is gentle, yet before long it can roar into a blaze. The comments received are the spark in the minds of the admirers. Depending on the degree of dryness, that spark will be kindled sooner or later. What a way for free publicity: to spread the news by Word of Mouth!
Why the Kindle is named Kindle
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
nice to hear abt it
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote