Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
Grrrr...isilo

I have 500 books or so in Isilo format that I really, really want to be able to read on my Nook. Other than saving them as a txt file and losing ALL the formatting, is there any way to get those isilo files on my Nook in a readable format? I really appreciate any help in advance. I can provide a book if necessary.
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I can't find a way to decompress the files, but I did find this:
http://www.isilo.com/download/iSiloAnd.htm

Apparently iSilo is still under development. You'll need to hack your Nook, though.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

I've already hacked my Nook...will this hack let me read my isilo books? Sorry for being dense, but how exactly would it work?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
I've already hacked my Nook...will this hack let me read my isilo books? Sorry for being dense, but how exactly would it work?
It should let you read your books, but I think it might be best if you asked the folks over at NookDevs first. They would be able to tell you if the Android version of iSilo I pointed you at will run on the Nook.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
primetime34
Zealot

Any chance of being able to convert isilo to a more nook-friendly format??
Advert