Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 12:48 AM   #1
Mattee
Mattee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
Android Version of Calibre?

Good day all,
I run Calibre on my laptop, totally love it. I just Bought a Galaxy Tab A to mainly use as a Portable Calibre library. I was hoping I could "Auto-Sync" between the two to keep things updated. Well..... As you know, I didn't do enough homework before buying my Tab A for this purpose. I did not see on any of the app stores (yet) a version of Calibre, just some "sort of" transfer type things, (Still researching"). What would you advise as the best way for me to accomplish this task at the present time.
Many Thanks, Mattee
Mattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Google Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_US
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:17 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattee View Post
Good day all,
I run Calibre on my laptop, totally love it. I just Bought a Galaxy Tab A to mainly use as a Portable Calibre library. I was hoping I could "Auto-Sync" between the two to keep things updated. Well..... As you know, I didn't do enough homework before buying my Tab A for this purpose. I did not see on any of the app stores (yet) a version of Calibre, just some "sort of" transfer type things, (Still researching"). What would you advise as the best way for me to accomplish this task at the present time.
Many Thanks, Mattee
Correct, no Calibre on Android. There are great apps like Calibre Companion which you can use to wirelessly transfer and have act as your library on device and allow you to browse/search your library much as Calibre does, but not full on Calibre.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #4
Mattee
Mattee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
Companion as reader

I heard the "Companion App" is good to transfer, can it be used as the reader as well? Or do I need another ebook reader installed to read the data?
Thanks !
Mattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattee View Post
I heard the "Companion App" is good to transfer, can it be used as the reader as well? Or do I need another ebook reader installed to read the data?
Thanks !
You need a Viewer for the formats you use.
CC is more of a remote metadata+ extension of Calibre, sans the conversion and viewing.
I have 3 viewers on my Tab A. Moon+ (Iuse for EPUB), a PDF viewer, and Kindle app. You can customize CC's open with viewer by format
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote