Old 01-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
David7307
David7307 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Send to Device button

Many thanks for the great program Calibre
I have just started to use it ,wife bought a Kindle for her Christmas
I have one issue with it on my Operating system
i am using it on Mint 19.1 and it does not show send to device on toolbar , but shows up fine on my old Imac which i dual boot with elcapitan and Mint 19.1 is there a way to show Send to device on Mint
Many thanks
David7307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by David7307 View Post
Many thanks for the great program Calibre
I have just started to use it ,wife bought a Kindle for her Christmas
I have one issue with it on my Operating system
i am using it on Mint 19.1 and it does not show send to device on toolbar , but shows up fine on my old Imac which i dual boot with elcapitan and Mint 19.1 is there a way to show Send to device on Mint
Many thanks
Does the Status bar (bottom) show a device detected?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
David7307
David7307 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry for taking so long , kindle is showing on bottom task bar of mint19

Just down loaded latest ver from internet and all is well , the ver i was using was loaded from the software manager on Mint19

Last edited by David7307; 01-12-2019 at 02:40 PM.
David7307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David7307 View Post
Sorry for taking so long , kindle is showing on bottom task bar of mint19

Just down loaded latest ver from internet and all is well , the ver i was using was loaded from the software manager on Mint19
OK that tells me 1 of 2 things.
1) The icon is off screen to the right (double arrows showing to indicate more)

2) You removed the 'Location Manager" from the When Connected menubar. (that is the devices View(s) panel)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK that tells me 1 of 2 things.
1) The icon is off screen to the right (double arrows showing to indicate more)

2) You removed the 'Location Manager" from the When Connected menubar. (that is the devices View(s) panel)
If he loaded the repro version--calibre 3.22--instead of the Flatpak version--calibre 3.37-- then it might not recognize the kindle*.

bernie

*Support for the new Kindle Paperwhite 2018 added with version 3.34
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
If he loaded the repro version--calibre 3.22--instead of the Flatpak version--calibre 3.37-- then it might not recognize the kindle*.

bernie

*Support for the new Kindle Paperwhite 2018 added with version 3.34
He said it showed on the status line.
Granted, it might not work properly ... But it was detected, and should have the updated (attached) tools show
Old 01-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
He said it showed on the status line.
Granted, it might not work properly ... But it was detected, and should have the updated (attached) tools show
From his message, I'm not certain that it showed on the status line before or after he updated to the current release of calibre.

All's well that end's well...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
I have a Kindle Fire. Same problem, no 'Send to Device' button in Calibre when connected via USB. I have the latest ver of Calibre. Restarted Calibre. Restarted computer. Problem persists.
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See FAQ ==>> My device is not being detected by calibre?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #10
rlyhk
rlyhk began at the beginning.

Device: Fire Kindle 10
Exclamation Problem with Send to Device button and detect Kindle Fire 10

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I have used Calibre several times before, and it worked great ! I lost my old Kindle Fire 8 and purchased a Kindle Fire 10. My Calibre ( updated to 4.7 ) could not detect my device, and have no " Send to Device Button ". Searched many answers but could not make it work. Pls help. Thank you so much !

Raymond
rlyhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:55 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyhk View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I have used Calibre several times before, and it worked great ! I lost my old Kindle Fire 8 and purchased a Kindle Fire 10. My Calibre ( updated to 4.7 ) could not detect my device, and have no " Send to Device Button ". Searched many answers but could not make it work. Pls help. Thank you so much !

Raymond
Can you see the K10 with Windows Explorer (assumes Win)?
If the OS can't see it, then Calibre sure wont
Old 12-28-2019, 12:49 AM   #12
rlyhk
rlyhk began at the beginning.

Device: Fire Kindle 10
Fire 10 compatibility with Windows 10 ??

Quote:
Can you see the K10 with Windows Explorer (assumes Win)?
If the OS can't see it, then Calibre sure wont
I could not get my new PC Windows 10 to properly connect to my Fire 10, which I have tried different methods. My Fire 8 had no problem. Any thoughts ?
rlyhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:05 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyhk View Post
I could not get my new PC Windows 10 to properly connect to my Fire 10, which I have tried different methods. My Fire 8 had no problem. Any thoughts ?
Are you setting the Fire 10 to MTP mode? I seem to remember that it defaults to a USB charging mode.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote