Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Index editor: where does sigil save the list?

Hello.

I'm using the index editor a lot, and I noticed that the entries are not saved in the EPUB file. That is, if I add some entries to the editor (even without creating the index afterwards), sigil saves the list somewhere. So if then I open another epub file and then the editor again, I get the same entries.

However, if I launch sigil from another user on the same PC the editor is blank.

So the question, as per the title, is: where does sigil keep this list? It might be useful to pass it from one computer to another.

Thanks
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
So the question, as per the title, is: where does sigil keep this list? It might be useful to pass it from one computer to another.
AFAIK, index entries are stored in sigil_index.ini in the local Sigil folder.
To display this folder select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
cooool, thank you very much. Love this website
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entry, index, index editor, sigil