Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #211
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
A small nice article, nothing special but noteworthy:

CLEARink Displays Moving Focus to Asia
https://www.displaydaily.com/article...-focus-to-asia

Quote:
We have been investors in CLEARink since 2018 and see this technology as something the education, e-reader, tablet and laptop industries have been waiting for. Providing a healthy reading display has become even more important after COVID-19, as millions of kids worldwide are now spending 5 times more time staring at displays, something which is not healthy for the young and developing eye.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #212
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
A small nice article, nothing special but noteworthy:
I would not say it's nothing special: it is a change of ownership and a change of leadership. Less Eindhoven and more... Beijing [Lenovo]?

Quote:
CLEARink Displays, the leader in next generation reflective displays, announced a change in the ownership structure of the company with a group of strategic investors including major customers taking a controlling stake in the company. The change will see CLEARink shift its focus to Asia and enable faster product development through tighter integration with supply chain partners
It seems what many spectators seemed to have hoped for - I read it as "it was bought".
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #213
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I would not say it's nothing special: it is a change of ownership and a change of leadership. Less Eindhoven and more... Beijing [Lenovo]?

It seems what many spectators seemed to have hoped for - I read it as "it was bought".
Sure, but with "nothing special" I meant there is no news about a new product sampler or even annoucements of retail products. But yeah, it seems to be going into a good direction and I hope they will soon release some color devices because that new eink-Kaleido looks really awful.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:08 PM   #214
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wanted to write here already a month ago because on the street I saw a teratophania. A monster. A young lady, maybe a minor, horribly contorting around a pivotal item. A mobile phone, surely. A phenomenal struggle. Clearly the agony was squeeze some response from a display dead under overwhelming light. (It was not even a particularly bright day.)

Myself, I found the tablet for prompt in-car use unreadable only a couple of times this spring. Uncommonly low luminosity for this region and season. But it shall pass. It may also happen that one could leave said car - that would change the game dramatically, light-wise.

Of course, ages since news are spread about this particular technology. But as the problem remains, the solution is still needed. It is inefficient and absurd to fight light with light. Those of us who want to do some work outside caves need an adequate tech. Matter pending.

Last edited by mdp; 05-22-2021 at 06:11 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote