Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #91
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
and the Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens, FL has one.

On to the next state....
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #92
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Denver CO store has 2
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #93
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
If you can wait, WilliamG, the Borders in Woodbury is carrying them.
I've probably called that Borders 40 times in the last week.

I called them again this morning and they told me mid-to-late October. That's......8 years away!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #94
geekraver
Addict

Woodlands Mall in TX has 3; Indiana is all out, King of Prussia, PA is all out, Ohio is all out.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #95
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
Gotta give you props, geekraver, you sure can find them. I didn't realize a SonyStyle store would ship out of state. Thought it had to be direct ordered from Sony online, or get lucky at a local store. All the "SonyStyle" stores here in AZ are Borders, so no luck in AZ.
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #96
geekraver
Addict

Boca Raton, FL has 4.

As for shipping out of state, it seems this varies from store to store. The Oregon store was willing to do so (and perhaps they still have stock, they had 4 a couple of days ago), and some California stores were, but none of the Florida stores will - they insist you order via the web instead even while admitting that that involves a two month wait.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #97
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Called Oregon. Not in stock. Will not ship even if they were.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #98
geekraver
Addict

Funny, they told me they would. Perhaps the stores have just changed their policy (that's what one of the Florida stores told me today but I was skeptical).
Old 10-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #99
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
For you New Yorkers -- I heard a rumor that the Long Island Sony store might have some stock, but I couldn't get through to confirm it for myself ....

EDIT -- Sorry, not the Madison avenue store, the Long Island one -- I'm betraying my ignorance of New York Geography!

I was in the Houston Galleria SonyStyle store and they had none, other than their 4 display units. They do expect to get some in on Tuesday-ish. They thought 10~12 units.

Last edited by NatCh; 10-06-2006 at 10:36 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #100
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I bought the last one in the Cincinnati (Kenwood) SonyStyle store Friday. The clerk said they received five to sell plus three for display and should receive five more next week, you can probably call in and put one on hold for yourself.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #101
geekraver
Addict

I have one left to sell too, if anyone is interested (see the Fleamarket).
Old 10-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #102
Gantrioch
Gantrioch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader System, 27 October 2006.
This is quoted directly from an e-mail response I received from a person at Borders Group, Incorporated when I asked about the Reader availability.

"The Sony Reader will be offered in most Borders Books & Music stores. It should arrive in stores by the last week of October and will have a price of $349.99."
Gantrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #103
Cutestory
Voice of Reason
Cutestory began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505
Success!

I called the Sony Style store in the Beverly Center (Los Angeles) this morning, and they said they had been shipped some and they would be in sometime in the next few days. Two hours later I got a call. They're in!

I went and picked mine up on my lunch break. It looks fabulous!
Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #104
WilliamG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantrioch
This is quoted directly from an e-mail response I received from a person at Borders Group, Incorporated when I asked about the Reader availability.

"The Sony Reader will be offered in most Borders Books & Music stores. It should arrive in stores by the last week of October and will have a price of $349.99."
Thanks for the info. Does that mean it could be in stock as soon as tomorrow? I mean it does say "BY" the last week of October. *hoping*
Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #105
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
San Diego Sony Style store has some stock. My brother got one for me from there, and shipped it to me in New Zealand. I'm still waiting for the device to be dropped in my mailbox.
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote