Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #23401
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Black coffee........for the very first time
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #23402
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
First day of February, and I worked hard today! Nice to see everyone has been working too (doing their tax return, that is.)

And Stitchawl had milk! I believe that had never happened before in the history of what's in your cup thread.

I'm about to get runny nose. Funny that, being fine through all the mucky cold rain but when the sun came up for the first time in months, I immediately caught a cold...

So, hot milo and alpenliebe for me.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #23403
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
And Stitchawl had milk! I believe that had never happened before in the history of what's in your cup thread.
You may be sure that if there were any;
'Sara Lee' brand Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake
'Fig Newton' cookies
'Oreo' cookies
Deep Dish Apple Pie
... in the house, that I would drink a LOT more milk!

But dealing with the lack, Bombay Sapphire, rum, or tequila work fine.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-01-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #23404
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
4 mugs of Pu Erh later, water
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #23405
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(having dined at the Thai restaurant: noodles soup, tahoe/vegetables/fried noodles, water and white wine).

in my cup: hot coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #23406
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
How about this: There are studies that show that drinking diet soft drinks increases the likelihood of your being depressed. So limiting, or altogether removing, your Coke Zero will help you decrease the odds of being depressed.

And lets face it, there are many things out there that taste better and are good for you. Like Tea.

Taste is definitely a matter of taste.

But nothing in my cup at the moment. (& I've only had two Coke Zeros today.)

The study sounds interesting. I wonder if they controlled for weight, since being overweight or obese is also correlated with depression.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #23407
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder whether coke- zero also damages tooth enamel, like the regular coke does? Or is it less because it is sugar- free? My daughter drinks it by the liter ( the coke zero).......

In my cup: cidre

Last edited by desertblues; 02-01-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Well....grammar again
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #23408
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I wonder whether coke- zero also damages tooth enamel, like the regular coke does? Or is it less because it is sugar- free? My daughter drinks it by the liter ( the coke zero).......

In my cup: cidre
Coke Zero is also mildly acidic, just like Coke. But not enough to affect tooth enamel for the short time it's in contact with one's teeth.

It's certainly better from a tooth decay point of view because it contains no sugar to feed damaging bacteria.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #23409
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Coke Zero is also mildly acidic, just like Coke. But not enough to affect tooth enamel for the short time it's in contact with one's teeth.

It's certainly better from a tooth decay point of view because it contains no sugar to feed damaging bacteria.
That is a pity. That was/is my argument to stop her drinking liters of it.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #23410
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
You could try the cost argument. It's a lot more expensive than tap water.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #23411
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
You could try the cost argument. It's a lot more expensive than tap water.
Hmmm, no, I need something serious. Saving money is not one of her priorities....

In my cup: last of the cidre
Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #23412
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Hmmm, no, I need something serious. Saving money is not one of her priorities....
Alternatively, if there are no good arguments to make, perhaps it isn't bad for her?

Nothing in my cup until the morning. Good night!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #23413
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Now I've been happy lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5iHgcPnHA )

Good morning, everyone! Happy 2nd Month! Could we please change the spelling though? Make it 'FebUary?' Think how many more children would pass spelling tests.

Tea this morning is Ahmad's "English Breakfast" blend, to wet down the tortillas, frijoles, and fried polenta. English tea, Mexican food, eaten in a Japanese house, by an American. How International is that!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alternatively, if there are no good arguments to make, perhaps it isn't bad for her?
You can always do what my father (an Oral Surgeon) did to disuade my brother and me from drinking carbonated soft drinks;
Fill a large glass with ANY carbonated, 'flavored' soft drink (other than club soda or tonic water.) Drop in a rusty nail and let it sit for a couple of weeks, letting your daughter see it 'before' and 'after.' I guarantee you this will slow her down... The heavily sugared drinks do even more damage. We used to use Coca Cola to remove rust from chrome bike parts!

One more mug of tea, then it's off for a long walk. I've been getting to sedentary lately!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #23414
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Coke Zero #1 in my cup. I certainly don't let my teeth sit in it for more than a second or two at a time!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #23415
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Tepid coffee ! I'm spending way too much time browsing .... (for a tablet !)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?