Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So, Jon, how long have you been under treatment for your mental condition?
Ok, I can understand maybe voting for him the first term. But after he botched that, voting for him for his second term was just plain wrong. And everyone who voted for him the second time is to be blamed for the collapse of the US economy. If we have a real president, we might have had someone who cared more about what happens inside the US then what happens outside. GWB cares more about foreign nations then he does the people of America. That is no joke. That is a serious problem and it's led the country down a very nasty path.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Sooooo.... leaving off politics, I'd have to say the policy that brought us reality TV was Evil Incarnate...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ok, I can understand maybe voting for him the first term. But after he botched that, voting for him for his second term was just plain wrong. And everyone who voted for him the second time is to be blamed for the collapse of the US economy. If we have a real president, we might have had someone who cared more about what happens inside the US then what happens outside. GWB cares more about foreign nations then he does the people of America. That is no joke. That is a serious problem and it's led the country down a very nasty path.
No. I voted for him the second time because he was the lesser of two evils. As bad as he was, Kerry would have been worse.

And are you the only one who doesn't realize how many members you are alienating with remarks like that?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #19
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
One Chocolate war...Coming UP!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
GingerTez
Stroppy Ginger Scotsman
GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Evil Incarnate - I thought it was a reference to my Uncle Nathaniel who would race up and down the streets in his old Range Rover scaring old people by pretending he was going to run them over while they ambled slowly (as opposed to ambling quickly) across the road.

Whether you 'got' that or not, I guess I'd better go and get my coat...

Cheers,
Terry.
GingerTez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #21
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I would have to say my car.
I thought that should be nate (the great)'s line....

I'd go for those who despise others because they are different.

That, or whoever invented Pot Noodle.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I would have to say my car.
Doh, it's a shame you're not Nate the Great.

Cos then we could have had - evil in car, Nate

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerTez View Post
Evil Incarnate - I thought it was a reference to my Uncle Nathaniel who would race up and down the streets in his old Range Rover scaring old people by pretending he was going to run them over while they ambled slowly (as opposed to ambling quickly) across the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I thought that should be nate (the great)'s line....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

paaa hahahah !! i would like to change my vote to : nate (the great's) car.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #24
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

Ooh, that one's terrible. I can't beleive I missed it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #25
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Puns. Need I say more? Yes, because you can't give a less than five letter response here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No. I voted for him the second time because he was the lesser of two evils. As bad as he was, Kerry would have been worse.

And are you the only one who doesn't realize how many members you are alienating with remarks like that?
Kerry would not have been worse. Kerry may not have been wonderful, but he would surely have been better,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Evil incarnate? Don't get me started. How about that damn toilet that won't stop leaking even though I've "fixed" it six times? Or the neighbor kid who thinks it's fun just to walk his new puppy past my house several times a day just so he can watch my dog (okay, me) bark its head off. Or the blood center that calls every single night to ask me to give blood even though I give blood as often as humanly possible and can't for several more weeks (they can't seem to fix their "data"base). Or the packaging of CDs that takes longer to open than it takes to listen to the stinking CD. Or the federal deficit that balloons every time some idiot in Congress dreams up another great idea. Wait, let me get a pencil.....
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #28
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Evil incarnate? ...the packaging of CDs that takes longer to open than it takes to listen to the stinking CD.
Yes, packaging is a major player in the evil arena.

What about that platic stuff they wrap a lot of electrical items in - the hardish, see-through stuff. It's designed to be ingress hostile; there is no easy way to get at the contents.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Yes, packaging is a major player in the evil arena.

What about that platic stuff they wrap a lot of electrical items in - the hardish, see-through stuff. It's designed to be ingress hostile; there is no easy way to get at the contents.
You're right, Sparrow. You can't get it open without slicing your hands to bits as you struggle to cut through the stuff. And how about napkins? Ever go to a fast food restaurant and have them stuff about 400 paper napkins at you when you just needed or one or two? And the music they play in those places is awful....(oops, that was another thread, sorry).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Evil incarnate ==> a recipe for chili con carne with too much chili & too many beans!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evil