Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
JayMarvels
JayMarvels began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mobi Creator build errors

Hi all,

I'm currently converting some text files ready for my kindle. I have followed HarryT's 2 guides to the letter.

Firstly editing the text in BD and then going to mobi pocket creator.

I've manually replaced the html tags and added the ones per HarryT

For example here is my A name=toc

Code:
<DIV >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<mbp:pagebreak/>
<SPAN id=title><A name=toc><DIV align=center><FONT color=#001950><B>CONTENTS</B></FONT></DIV></A>
</SPAN>
When I run mobi creator i get:

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink not resolved: D:\ebook\Kindle\Sherlock\Book1\book.html#toc

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink not resolved: D:\ebook\Kindle\Sherlock\Book1\book.html#start_rea ding

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink could not resolved.

I've searched high and low with no luck.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
JayMarvels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It sounds like your anchor tags were not found in the HTML file (book.html#toc refers to an anchor tag named "toc").

Maybe because you did not put quotes around "toc"? It should be like <a name="toc">.

I've always used the Table of Contents Wizard in Mobipocket Creator, which creates the TOC based on expressions matching other HTML tags (like h1, h2, etc.) in the book.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
JayMarvels
JayMarvels began at the beginning.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your response.

I've tried changing the tag to have "" around toc but I still get the same error.

I'm a complete noob hence why I exactly followed HarryT's guide.
JayMarvels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, the quotes aren't necessary. You can put them in if you wish, but they aren't required.

Is your book file actually called "book.html"? You're sure that it's not called "book.htm"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
pckopp
Enthusiast
pckopp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMarvels View Post
... snippage... I have followed HarryT's 2 guides to the letter.
Can someone point me to these guides.

Thanks!
pckopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckopp View Post
Can someone point me to these guides.

Thanks!
Here you go Phil: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11678 This is for the Book Creation Tut

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17914 This one is for a 'How to' for MobiPocket.

Theses are all found under the following forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
pckopp
Enthusiast
pckopp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, eReader
Thank you!
pckopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #8
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I know this is a very old thread, but I had the "Hyperlink not resolved" error with Kindlegen and this was about the only reference I found to it. So I thought if others come along this might be of help.

I solved my problem by first saving the kindlegen output to text (using kindlegen book.opf -o book.mobi >a.txt)
The clue was that some links in the same format were resolved, no error recorded. On examining them was reminded I had put new code after the "good" links.

There was nothing wrong with either the links or the anchors (they had worked in earlier versions) but Kindlegen was aborting reading the HTML source before it came to them, because I had inadvertently put a </body> tag in earlier, when I was pasting in some text from another project.

Probably strict HTML checking would have found this, but browsers are tolerant of errors, the entire file still displayed normally in Firefox and all the links worked.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #9
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad to know it was an old (five-year-old!) thread, because I was astonished to see people still using MPC!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote