Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #16
4StarGen
4StarGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
4StarGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #17
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycrash00 View Post
Ah, ok. I was looking for a button in the top menu,... But the functionality is triggered by "reading the PNG books". Ok, so now that works for me, too.

Thanks surquizu
Hey it would be really great to get an icon in the top menu to toggle the night mode
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #18
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
On my h2o Reboot is working but Night mode will not working.
Same here.
I am on 3.17.3, this is a H2O
Both pngs are copied to document root, opened (and shown) before installing update.

Reinstalled, still no nightmode.

Content of .kobo/fmon/fmon.log.txt:
Code:
fmon started!
start /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh
finished. return code: 0
fmon started!
fmon started!

Last edited by macsek; 08-29-2015 at 05:24 AM. Reason: log pasted
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #19
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
Same here.
I am on 3.17.3, this is a H2O
Both pngs are copied to document root, opened (and shown) before installing update.

Reinstalled, still no nightmode.

Content of .kobo/fmon/fmon.log.txt:
Code:
fmon started!
fmon started!
fmon started!

I checked the NightMode after a factory reset and works well. I do not understand your problem.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #20
figtarr
figtarr began at the beginning.

Device: glo hd
hello. i just bought a kobo glo hd off ebay and im not familiar with how to modify these things on the computer. i have no idea what the directions in this thread are telling me to do. i have my mac open and can see the .kobo folder,and i have the hack feature downloaded as well, unzipped. completely dont know how to get this night mode working on the glo hd, which has no light button. can someone please do an explanation for a stranger to these hacks?
figtarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #21
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtarr View Post
hello. i just bought a kobo glo hd off ebay and im not familiar with how to modify these things on the computer. i have no idea what the directions in this thread are telling me to do. i have my mac open and can see the .kobo folder,and i have the hack feature downloaded as well, unzipped. completely dont know how to get this night mode working on the glo hd, which has no light button. can someone please do an explanation for a stranger to these hacks?
• First, copy the two PNG files in the root of your device. And only them. Disconnect the device, and you should see the two images files in the library. I simply opened both. At this point, you don't need the KoboRoot.tgz file on the device.

• Then, reconnect your device. Now you must copy the KoboRoot.tgz file into .kobo folder. Once done, you disconnect your device. Shut it down, restart it. And now if you click on the logo, you have the corresponding function. In other word, if you click on the night mode picture, your kobo should magically switch to the night mode.

It works well in the Glo HD
Old 12-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #22
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Added in koreader for fun.

Used latest version(koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-13-g38ef2d6) from; http://koreader.ak-team.com/
Attached Files
File Type: zip nightmode+reboot+koreader KoboRoot.zip (19.91 MB, 422 views)
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #23
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
@ surquizu

Can I try it on Kobo Glo (not HD) with FW 3.19.5613 ?
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #24
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
@ surquizu

Can I try it on Kobo Glo (not HD) with FW 3.19.5613 ?
It should work
Old 12-31-2015, 07:48 AM   #25
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
This don't work on my Kobo Glo HD, Reboot and KoReader start work well but not the night mode. I was on 3.17 and there worked as well but not on the 3.19.

I am very happy if i can use the night mode on the Glo HD.
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:13 AM   #26
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
This don't work on my Kobo Glo HD, Reboot and KoReader start work well but not the night mode. I was on 3.17 and there worked as well but not on the 3.19.

I am very happy if i can use the night mode on the Glo HD.
It works fine on my glo HD.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 AM   #27
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
It works fine on my glo HD.
Which zip file did you have used and are you on the firmware 3.19 ?
Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 AM   #28
anki
Connoisseur

how can i completely uninstall the night mode and reinstall it again? I have used the uninstaller file in de zip file, but i thing it don't work.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #29
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Which zip file did you have used and are you on the firmware 3.19 ?
files on #1

Quote:
how can i completely uninstall the night mode and reinstall it again? I have used the uninstaller file in de zip file, but i thing it don't work.
Try reinstalling the firmware and then reinstall the NightMode. I check it after installing the new firmware 3.19.5761: works well.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #30
anki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
files on #1

Try reinstalling the firmware and then reinstall the NightMode. I check it after installing the new firmware 3.19.5761: works well.
Just in this case i must download the last firmware from mobileread thread and put it in to the . Kobo folder and restart. Is this a fresh install?