Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
eshord_tyeblen
eshord_tyeblen began at the beginning.

Device: Nintendo 3DS
New user, sony prs-500 broken screen

Hey I have just joined the group and have been experimenting with AnsgarSerif's macro for OOo converting Gutenberg texts to pdf's. So thanks a lot for that AnsgarSerif

second i would like to say that i purchased one prs-500 from a great guy on ebay who also sent me a crushed one (screen not displaying on the right (arrows) and bottom left). He said i might be able to salvage the battery if the working 500 went dead for some reason. now they both work, but the one does not display correctly (freebie anyway!).

do any of you know how i could repair it i've included a picture for evaluating, it would be really cool to have two book readers. I am open to advice on sending it into Sony for them to repair it as well, any ideas on $$$ for repair?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00215.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	12538  

Last edited by eshord_tyeblen; 05-01-2008 at 11:14 PM.
eshord_tyeblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The only way to repair that I know of is to buy a new screen or find a used one
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert