Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #46
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Firmly in the no cover camp. I have a custom made wood and plexiglass case that I throw my Kobo in if it is traveling somewhere, otherwise it goes naked.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #47
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I definitely need covers for my gadgets. My Sony 350 has a cheap red cover that I bought on eBay. It adds a little bulk but I find that the reader actually feels more comfortable in my hands with the case on. Plus, I usually carry it in my purse. There is way too much stuff in my purse for me to carry my 350 naked.

My phone also has a case. I haven't dropped my e-reader but I am prone to dropping or knocking over my phone. So a case for my phone is an absolute must. Plus, I really like the look of the case. It's a hard pink Body Glove case with grey accents.

So I guess I can't join this club.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #48
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Although it adds weight and bulk I prefer to have a cover. I am careful but things still get dropped, and I don't think my Kindle would survive the contents of my handbag without the cover.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Does the Kindle Paperwhite get scratched easily? I have a leather cover but I prefer to use it without one. I always take my Kindle everywhere with me and when I'm done reading I just put it in my bag and I haven't seen a single scratch on it
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #50
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I don't have a cover for my phone, the screen is very tough and I'm not all that bothered if the back gets scratches. Then again I don't keep it in the same pocket as my keys, no need to tempt fate.

Don't have a cover for my ipad or kindle either but I do have cases for when I'm not using them. Partly for protection and partly to just keep dust or spillages off them
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #51
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I have a padded sleeve that I use when I throw my reader in my purse (I shudder to imagine my reader banging around my purse with no protection -- even I am not sure what exactly is in my purse) but I read with no cover. A small piece of plastic near the volume button has broken off my Sony 650; maybe constant use of a cover would have prevented that. Oh well. I still plan on reading my next reader with no cover either. I just like it to be as light and lean as possible.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #52
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I am in the cover camp. All it would take is me having the screen on my phone or ereader getting a crack in it and I would never forgive myself.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #53
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I also prefer my devices naked during use, with a sleeve for travel.

My T-1 currently resides in the nightstand, or on the bed with me. It is coverless, but has a Decalgirl skin to protect from wear marks. On the rare occasions it travels in my purse, I use a zippered waterproof pouch I bought from the Jonathan Adler collection years ago at B&N. I had a Kindle 4 case for it, but gave it to my niece when she got her Kindle.

My iPhone 3G has the slimmest plastic backing I could find - I prefer it naked, but the volume button on this one was always loose (bought it used), and it finally detached. the Belkin TPU cover keeps it in place.

My iPad 2 was decal-only for a long time (with a neoprene sleeve for purse travel), but trying to read one-handed was giving me wrist and shoulder pain, so I bought a Targus Versavu case on clearance at TJMaxx. Love it. Don't love the fact that the iPad is heavier, but do like all of the different angles I can prop the iPad at. I've decided it's a fair tradeoff.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #54
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
my problem with sleeves is that they're one more thing for me to lose. (and where *did* I put my keys last?)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I really, really like the Amazon cover for the Paperwhite. Not only is it thin and minimal, I find the sleep/wake feature to be the biggest advantage. Never want to go back to on/off buttons!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #56
vitalij
vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
@Skydog:
Same here, also i like how it feels.
vitalij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #57
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I really, really like the Amazon cover for the Paperwhite. Not only is it thin and minimal, I find the sleep/wake feature to be the biggest advantage. Never want to go back to on/off buttons!
Amen. I feel the same way about my iPad cover.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #58
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have the cover than puts the kindle to sleep when you close the cover, and it comes awake when you close the cover. Although these are expensive, I thought the utility was worth it.

Sorry, can't join your club. I put my kindle in my purse-it has to have a cover.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #59
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
She made an even nicer one for my mom's K3, but we didn't get pictures of that.

These were done with my cell phone, so they're not the greatest.
Thanks, looks nice.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I'll join the club on a part time basis
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote