Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I don't think this should be advised to the average user. Inexperienced users could easily much up their reader by messing with this stuff could they not?
I have used one of the restore sets with a T1. It was no more difficult then flashing an official Sony Firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Have you done a hard reset? Here are the instructions:
http://factory-reset.com/wiki/PRS-T1

Back up your books first as this will wipe everything.

If it still does it after that, you probably have a hardware fault, though you could try another version of the firmware.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Root it and run CoolReader. Might work better.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
martinrebas
martinrebas began at the beginning.

Device: --
After a few more days of testing, it seems like the main problem is with the German-English dictionary. The last few books I've read have been in German. If I try looking up words in the same German epub files with a French-English dictionary, then it (obviously) isn't able to translate them, but the dictionary seems to work and not freeze up like the German one does.

Has anyone else had problems with the German dictionary? It feels unlikely to me that reloading the firmware would fix it, as the problem was there both with the original firmware and the latest one, which I installed without any obvious problems.

Quote:
Is the T1 a "straight" purchase - ie from a trustworthy/reliable retail source?
Yes, I bought it new from Pixmania, IIRC.

Quote:
I have to say I've had every Sony from the x50's on, all used heavily, carted around extensively, had many a bang/knock, and never had any problems that weren't down to me, or content ....
I've never damaged mine in any way.
martinrebas is offline   Reply With Quote