Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
tgnd
tgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with otherstgnd plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Sending text based web pages to kindle

I spend a good bit of time reading forums that contain older archived posts that sometimes number in the hundreds. I'd like to try to send these pages as documents to the kindle instead but one of the sites I'd like to do this for, I'm not having any luck at all. I've tried instapaper and a chrome extension and neither one works.

Here's a sample link: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/512308

The chrome extension seems to be only getting the first post. Everything following that is ignored. Instapaper gives me the following error:
Sorry, this page is not available in Instapaper. It may require a login, or the site may not have responded when Instapaper tried to get it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other ways to get these pages onto my kindle so I can read offline? It's the perfect sort of reading for when I've just got a few minutes here and there and I don't want to get too engrossed in a book.

On a related note, I can get instapaper to work on this site: http://ecfans.com/cgi-bin/forums/ult...;f=15;t=000944

It's a fan fiction that's been written in parts in a forum, so the story spans over several threads of 20 pages each with plenty of chatter and comments between each installment. Does anyone know of a good way to get this onto my kindle in a single document without having to download each page and copy/paste it all into a single notepad txt file?A single story can easily span 100+ web pages.
tgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Try SendToKindle
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
download the pages using an app like WinHTTrack, then zip and convert to mobi via calibre
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote