Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post Four new apps added to enTourage App Store

Check them out at http://www.entourageedge.com/apps.html:
- Chess (runs full screen)
- Bulls and Cows (Code Breaking Game)
- HYReader (CHM file reader)
- KeepFit

In addition DropBox and Pandora have been updated. Note that you should uninstall the previous version (Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications) before installing an update, otherwise you may get an "App cannot be installed' error (or similar).

Maple Paint remains the first in the list as "Newly Added". It's the same version I installed a few days ago according to the version number.

Last edited by borisb; 09-28-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Various corrections/clarifications.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Eddy R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post

........" have been updated. Note that you should uninstall the previous version (Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications) before installing an update, otherwise you may get an "App cannot be installed' error (or similar)."
EE Store only Rule of Thumb/Best Procedure for all updates???

Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Rule of Thumb for all updates (from any source). I personally, always (as far as I can remember), get this error if I don't first uninstall the current version. I don't know if this is a software issue that enTourage can adjust, but I do think it's an Android thing (other users, like Cheyenne, can confirm/refute).

No harm in trying without uninstalling though

PS: Miss seeing you around more, Eddy

Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I've never had this problem on my Android phone, but the edge frequently refuses to install an update until you uninstall the old version.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

I "lost" Nimbuzz that way. Since it's one I download from its own website, I downloaded the newest version and installed. Installation didn't work, and old app would no longer launch. So then I uninstalled old app and tried to reinstall from the previously downloaded version but now that version wouldn't install.

So now I have Meebo. And that's fine, it's just that Nimbuzz also had Skype, which was handy.

Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
janvangastel
Edge User

I never had any problem installing without uninstalling the old version.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
sarah11918
Edge User

I find that if I'm installing updates from AndAppStore or SlideME, I don't have to uninstall first. It's only when I download the apk file from a website directly I've sometimes had trouble.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
Eddy R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
PS: Miss seeing you around more, Eddy
Thanks for the thought. Cannot be considered and 'active EE user' at this time because of circumstances that make Android 2.1 phone more convenient/useful. Am still "passionately enthusiastic" while waiting for EE update. (i.e. Sunday morning review of Forum)

Thanks for giving me the opportunity (excuse) to say "Thank you" to:
Cheyennedonna, Sarah11918, NiaTrue, OnceTech, Gunnerp245, Pat.indie, guyjack, robot, fgruber, janvangastel, aidren, kenjennings, walt526, sjarrel, Snepscheut, dcubed2, alefor, devseev, and all the other 'contributors' that make this forum what it is.