Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
matthunt1984
matthunt1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Android (HTC Desire)
Question Managing Book Covers

Hi All,

I'm a new Calibre user and really like it so far and synced some books to my droid and partners iPod Touch.

I like the covers, and wanted to choose my favourite covers for the 20 or so books I'm putting on.

However after 'downloading covers' Calibre just seems to have updated some of the covers, and disposed of the olds ones. I was expecting books to have 0, 1 or more covers in the library and I could pick the best and then convert/send the book to my device.

Is there a way to get Calibre to keep multiple covers, so that I have the ability too choose one - rather than just clicking 'download cover' and hoping it downloads a better one?

Matt
matthunt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there's no way. But feel free to find the cover you like best using a web browser and then drag and drop it onto the cover in calibre to update it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
matthunt1984
matthunt1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Android (HTC Desire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No there's no way. But feel free to find the cover you like best using a web browser and then drag and drop it onto the cover in calibre to update it.
Thanks for letting me know (and a great app!).

Can I make that a feature request then?

Also, are you able to point me to some good legal resources for downloading book covers?

My failed attempts at googling all bring back how to create covers
matthunt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
ultirz7
ultirz7 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
http://images.google.com/ and type in name of the book
ultirz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You could consider installing this very useful Calibre plugin.

It does many things, but one of the most useful (for me) is it allows you to access Google Images directly for the book you currently have selected in the library window. In a couple of clicks you'll have pages of book cover images of your selected book to choose from.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-27-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: posted wrong link
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, cover, ebook