Old 11-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
ShainaRichmond
Hoping to improve!
ShainaRichmond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm new to many things...

Hello everyone,

I am new here. Thank you for having me! But wait, there's more:

Short version: I just got the Kindle 3 last month, and I LOVE it. And I also have a few books self-published on Smashwords.

Long version: I just started writing fiction a few months ago. I'm an accountant, and I really don't even like to read that much. Numbers have been my life for years - not words. Anyway, I started writing out of frustration (won't go into it here) and now I can't stop! It's taken over my life, but in a good way. I wish I had started years ago. My husband has NO IDEA I'm doing this. He knows I'm typing a lot, and he knows I'm up to something. But I've managed to hide my work from him with the help of a flash drive (that he doesn't know about) and password protected files. My name isn't really Shaina Richmond either... anyway, I uploaded some stuff on Smashwords and now I'm really addicted to writing. It's such a rush to see that in two days, over a hundred people have already downloaded my free books. The reason I'm hiding it from my husband and everyone else I know is that I'm a Christian, and the books I've been writing are erotic fiction. I really don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong. I have this urge to write, and it's been therapeutic for me. I know my husband would be really angry...

In conclusion: I'm not here to promote my work. I just need to make my voice heard and be connected to other people who can relate. It's hard hiding this from everyone I know. My husband has no idea that the reason I bought us both Kindles is because I wanted to see my own stories on them. Besides that, I've actually become an avid reader. I never realized how much I hated to flip the pages of a book. The Kindle is so easy! If they existed years ago, I would've become a reader much sooner.

Thanks for reading.

Shaina

Last edited by ShainaRichmond; 11-21-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I forgot to sign my name. I felt that was rude.
ShainaRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi Shaina, nothing wrong with promoting yourself a bit. Welcome to MR from The Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to MR! This is a great place to find new things to read, and find new readers to introduce to your works!

You can add a siggy that will post a link to your books so interested parties can check it out, and there's no shame in promoting your own works here in the Self-Promotions forum : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226 You can also connect with other writers in the Writer's Corner: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Welcome
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Shaina!

You can add a siggie after 10 posts AND 8 days......the option will appear in your 'user cp'....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Shaina and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Welcome to Mobileread Shaina!

No harm in expressing yourself, especially through writing. Power to you! Oh and from what I've seen on this site so far, people don't only hear you, they listen as well
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Shaina. Happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Welcome to MR! Yours is an intriguing story. Hope you don't get "into trouble" with your hubby!
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
ShainaRichmond
Hoping to improve!

Thanks everyone! You're all so welcoming.

KC - I hope I don't get in trouble too... I can't help it - the writing bug bit me - hard! I wish I had days and days of free time to write, even if it's not that good.

Shaina
Old 11-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Welcome to MR! I hope that you share some of your writing with us someday. I'm sure that your husband will understand your work.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
ShainaRichmond
Hoping to improve!

Latinandgreek - this is a link to my Smashwords profile:

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/shainarichmond

Both are free. And both are probably not great. But I'm really enjoying myself.

Shaina
Old 11-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #15
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote