Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
okalyddude
Enthusiast
okalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enough

Device: E600
Calibre deleting notes / highlighting on prs600

Hi, I asked once about this (and calibre to prs600 tag syncing) but nothing came of it and thought I'd re-ask. Surely someone else has encountered this?

When I highlight on my prs600, it adds automatically in the 'notes' section. I find this a great way to remember great passages, find spots in books, good quotes, etc. Also, bookmarks are added similarly in the 'notes' section.

However, every time I hook up to calibre, all my notes get deleted. Can't figure out why, can't see if they're being moved to my computer somewhere, but doubt it.

Anyone?

///There's also issues with syncing the tags from the calibre library (where it's easy to batch edit) to the prs600 (where it's tedious to edit)

Sometimes everything transfers fine, sometimes it reverts back to its original format before I edited it in the calibre library. Mostly annoying and time consuming.

///////The notes is way more important, as if I start using this for text books, non-fiction, or such, I'd want to move my notes from the prs 600 to my computer, but wouldn't want to have to do this before using calibre every time I hook up my device... Or at the very least keep my notes when using calibre to update my news articles!
okalyddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesn't delete your notes/highlighting. If you resend the same book to the reader, when you disconnect the reader, it will regenrate metadata/delete notes/highlighting.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
okalyddude
Enthusiast
okalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enough

Device: E600
Hmmm I see.. I played around a bit with it, and now it's not doing it.. and I guess it was happening back when I was reorganizing my books on the device. Must have added some books from the library to the device multiple times.

Could it also cause the problem if I redo some of the meta-tags? Change the author, tag, or title of the book, after it's already on the reader? This is something I definitely was doing for a while as I was trying to figure out how to organize my books based on the "collections" tag.
okalyddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No only a resend should trigger it
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
newuser
newuser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can I remove the Calibre 7.0 from my PRS600. I can't find my epub folder after adding the calibre. Can I restore back to factory default?
newuser is offline   Reply With Quote