Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Online Store

Greetings,

I am considering purchasing a 900 but I have a question: are the free books from Google Books included in the store that is accessible from the 900? One of the things I like about my wife's Kindle is its ability to download free public domain/CC content on the go. Since the 900 does not have a web browser, I will be limited to the Sony store. If I can't access free PD/CC material from this store, the utility of the device for me is significantly reduced (I'm not going to pay 2 bucks for Sony's poorly edited 'classic' titles).

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
No, not from the reader itself, I'm afraid, you have to either use the Sony Reader Library software or use Google directly from a computer.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
The only thing that you are limited to Sony on is wifi. You can download from several ebook sources, including many public libraries. I used the wifi one time and I can get a book quicker via computer. And that includes side loading to my 900. My 22" monitor has a lot more real estate than my 900 to view the store page.
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Kiasmama
Kiasmama began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by olguy View Post
The only thing that you are limited to Sony on is wifi. You can download from several ebook sources, including many public libraries. I used the wifi one time and I can get a book quicker via computer. And that includes side loading to my 900. My 22" monitor has a lot more real estate than my 900 to view the store page.
agreed. I download the books onto the computer and put them on the sony in a matter of minutes. Now they are all on there, waiting for me to get the time to read them. There are several on line sources to get the free classics as well as other free ebooks. I chose a sony because of the ability to get library books. Once again you have to be at a computer, but seems I'm always in reach of one, so it's not a problem.
Kiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote