Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #76
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1403 View Post
Just finished World War Z. There's still rumours floating around of a possible movie version. Apparantly an early draft of the script was written by J Michael Straczynski (who wrote what I think is the finest science fiction series on TV, Babylon 5). It's listed in imdb.com as being "in development".
That would be great !
I'll try and keep looking to see how it goes.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #77
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
If they do, how could you distinguish then from a "normal" male?
No chips on the floor and beer actually leftover.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #78
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher View Post
No chips on the floor and beer actually leftover.
But of course. Silly me.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #79
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
A shroud of rain covers the town of Bixby, coating the inhabitants in an unending torrent - and turning them into hate-filled maniacs. Soaking-wet, a queue of cinema-goers smash their way inside to slice up the dry people within, while a loving wife crushes her husband's skull on the marble floor.
That could be 'The Mist' by S. King , the premise reads almost exactly the same.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #80
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Oh and if there are any fans of 'The Walking Dead' and lets face it if you're a zombievirtuoso you'll know what I mean, well the news on the grapevine is that there is a televisualisation coming together, with a lot of interest from from big talent wondering about small cameo's.

Very interesting project, since the guy that puts 'The Walking Dead' together has insisted that this would not impact the graphic novel release dates.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #81
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Dr Drib, here is one for you. Not exactly Zombies... maybe zombie/vampires with a little z... The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro. Looks to be the first book in a planned triogy.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #82
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Dr Drib, here is one for you. Not exactly Zombies... maybe zombie/vampires with a little z... The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro. Looks to be the first book in a planned triogy.

Thanks.

I'll check this out right now.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #83
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
We just published Bosley Gravel's *The Movie* with the original title now a mere subtitle -- *Cannibal Lesbian Zombies from Outer Space -- versus -- Doctor Clockwork and his Furious Plastic Surgeons of Doom*. The story -- a real hoot -- is actually about the making of this crazy zombie flik. If anyone here at MR would like it free in PDF, please just email me. Otherwise, you have to stump up nine bucks or so for other formats (non DRM) or a little more for the paperback. ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign). Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #84
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I finished World War Z a few days ago

I thought it was really good, but some things let me down.

the ending of the book was rushed.

I wished he went back to some interviews, because they just ended.

And really I felt no suspense (except for the Air Force Lady, but I knew how it ended anyways).

I did get the graphic Novel for the Recorded attacks, I liked that.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #85
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks.

I'll check this out right now.

Don
I read this a few months back and it was kinda "meh". It reminded me too much of "The Da Vinci Code" of all things. I would check out a sample first.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #86
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
You mean no one has mentioned Brian Keene, author of The Rising, City of Dead, etc.? Thanks to his web page, I learned that he has affordable MP3 copies of several of his books. There are some Kindle and Sony editions available, too.

Here is his web page:
http://www.briankeene.com/

Even cooler, a couple of his stories take place in Spring Grove, PA, which I'm sort of familiar with. It was really neat reading about ghouls attacking people in a place I'd driven through and shopped in.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #87
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
You mean no one has mentioned Brian Keene, author of The Rising, City of Dead, etc.?
Hi. Did you read this thread at all? I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
I reccomend Brian Keene's Dead Rising and it's follow up, which I believe is called City of the Dead.
That's from page 4. Just 2 pages back. I guess if you just post in threads without reading all of them, you might miss it.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #88
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Hi. Did you read this thread at all? I guess not.

That's from page 4. Just 2 pages back. I guess if you just post in threads without reading all of them, you might miss it.
Whoops. I thought I had searched the thread for the name. Maybe I misspelled his name when I searched for it.

Anyway, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Don't you hate people who recommend the same book in a recommendation thread? Actually, I don't hate them because 1) if more than one person mentions the same book or author, it's often a good sign and 2) people do make mistakes, and I'm willing to be patient with people who are only trying to be helpful.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #89
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
No, I just hate them when they say no one else reccomended it.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #90
Stevo
Stevo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
I thought it was a good book. You're right it is kinda like zombie/vampire.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote