Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2003, 09:03 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Cybook eBook Reader - looks great!

A PDA designed for reading... sounds cool to me!

Quote:
The Cybook is an electronic tablet specially designed for digital content reading.

To provide optimal comfort in reading, the Cybook offers a bright and contrasted display of a paper page size. In reading mode, you can experience the same feelings and habits as with print: browsing, annotation, search…

The terminal Cybook runs the operating system Windows CE 3.0 equipped with the standard set of softwares (Mail, Word, Explorer).
For digital reading, Boo Reader application offers the most simple way of reading e-books and presents them on screen in portrait mode with a layout conformant to the paper version.
Interesting are also the specs: 800x600 display, size: 8" x 10.1" x 1" (sounds great to my eyes!) , weight: 35 ounces

Some screenshots here and here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cybook.jpg
Views:	1314
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	200  

Last edited by TadW; 12-12-2003 at 09:06 AM.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:45 AM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
I wonder how this is any different from the other failed tablet-sized, or near tablet-sized readers? Most studies have concluded that people don't really like reading on devices like these except for short-length text...but I think (if I remember) that there was more interest in younger surveyees on using ebooks.

Unfortunately, most press you see talks about the decline of ebooks in general...although if tablet PCs catch on (a co-worker yesterday brought in his Acer 300 tablet notebook and we were all drooling and very impressed), you'd think ebooks could see a revival.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote