Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2016, 05:01 AM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
home screen items

I am coming off of a 6-month, failed relationship the the "other 300ppi reader" for a number of reasons-- one of which being collections-management-nightmare.

I like what Calibre offers to do with Kobo shelves, and I am excited to get my Glo HD in the mail soon and load it up with EVERYTHING.

My question to the gurus: can I pin a shortcut to an epub onto the Kobo home screen? Specifically, I wish to use Calibre to generate a catalogue for the items on the reader and to always have that file pinned to home.

Thanks.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:45 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's no easy/obvious way to pin them permanently. Not sure if there is a mod.

The manual workaround is to select this item whenever you see it's about to vanish from the homescreen so it will be pushed to the front. That's what I do with the "web browser".
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have done some experimenting with this over the years, and there is no practical way to do it. I did have a way to get one tile to stay, but things have changed and that doesn't work now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo hd, home pinning