Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
cooltwou
Enthusiast
cooltwou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
because I have no way to get them out of Caliber because I can't get her to let me borrow her kindle to hook up to the laptop and some of the books was epub & you can't send them to the kindle & have the kindle read them
cooltwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Go to Preferences | Sharing | Sharing books by eMail, add your friend as an eMail recipient with their eMail address and then MOBI as the format. Ensure that the rest of the setup is correct as well (ie your eMail address etc).

Once all that is done, select one of the books you want to send to your friend, right click on it, select connect/share and then eMail to and their eMail address. Calibre will ask you whether you want to convert the book to MOBI; say yes, and then the book will be mailed to them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
cooltwou
Enthusiast

OK I will try that but I have a question what if the books are in the Caliber library all ready & they have been converted to mobi also would it still ask if I needed to conver the book
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No; it will only ask to convert if the book is NOT already in the correct format (ie MOBI).
Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
cooltwou
Enthusiast

Well the send to email did not work it keep saying it failed so I took & moved the books by USB flash drive to the computer that had Windows 8 & that computer had no problem decting the Nexus 7 & I got to send the books to it also
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #21
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I am not sure I am getting something here the Caliber program said it converted all the books to mobi but when it list the books on the Nexus 7 it list some in the title as epub what is going on
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou View Post
I am not sure I am getting something here the Caliber program said it converted all the books to mobi but when it list the books on the Nexus 7 it list some in the title as epub what is going on
You have EPUB enabled (in the device driver) as being acceptable to the N7.

Calibre only converts when an acceptable format is not found
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
cooltwou
Enthusiast

well it said when I sent them to the N7 that the first format was mobi
Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou View Post
well it said when I sent them to the N7 that the first format was mobi
Mobi is what is sent *IF* there was a Mobi version, then it tries to sent, in order, *any* enabled format.
ONLY if all those fail, does it convert .

Moral...
Disable all else if you *must* have Mobi
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #25
cooltwou
Enthusiast

OK what do I need to do to remove the epub format of the book then
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Maybe RTFM first?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
cooltwou
Enthusiast

what is RTFM?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtfm
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
cooltwou
Enthusiast

that is no help at all & you don't have to be rude about it either
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #30
theducks
Well trained by Cats

If you are not willing to help your self, don't complain when we point at the basic documentation. That is YOU being Rude to the helpers here.