Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #91
Kasracer
Kasracer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyakubik View Post
I have gone around in circles with Sony Customer Service on this unfortunate topic. They have yet to relent. It looked like someone earlier got them to provide the credit. Where did you call and how did you do it. I am beyond angry with this topic with them. I love my new reader, but am a bit exhausted with them on this issue.

Thank you for the help.
Contact the BBB. I've yet to find a company who wouldn't help me out when I went through the BBB (and you usually get someone higher up in the food chain).
Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
You do realize using the code isn't illegal, right?
Yes, I knew that. I tried telling others here but they would not listen.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #93
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I knew that. I tried telling others here but they would not listen.
It was FatWallet'ed. I guess FW spreads words faster than other forums.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I didn't know that FatWallet was run by crooks.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #95
roofone
Enthusiast
roofone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, ipod, ipad
When HOLIDAYGIFT didn't work for me, I called the Borders where I bought the Reader and complained. A few days later I got an email from Sony with a new code.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #96
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofone View Post
When HOLIDAYGIFT didn't work for me, I called the Borders where I bought the Reader and complained. A few days later I got an email from Sony with a new code.
I've been emailing them non-stop with no response. What number did you all call?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #97
reeder
reeder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
hmm... i bought a sony reader prs-505 at a borders just last week. was i eligible for this $50 credit at the ebook store?? they didn't mention anything at the time...

to those who were entitled to a coupon code, i hope everyone gets what they were entitled to.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 PM   #98
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...i=&p_topview=1

Question

When I enter the promo code "HOLIDAYGIFT" I get an error saying the coupon code is not valid.
Answer

This holiday promotion had a limited quantity of "HOLIDAYGIFT" code redemptions available, as stated in the accompanying code terms (see below). Due to an overwhelming demand, the limit has already been reached.

As with all other viral code promotions such as this one, the promotion ends either when the limit has been reached or at the promotion end date, whichever one comes first. In this case the limit was reached prior to the promotion end date of January 15.

Per the terms that came with the coupon:

"Redeem Code by 1/15/08. Must be 13 yrs. or older. Limit 1 Code per account/individual (each Code good for one credit ("Credit") for $50 in eBook downloads). Must spend Credit balance by 3/31/08. Limited quantity of "HOLIDAYGIFT" code redemptions available for promotion. Full terms/computer requirements @ ebookstore.sony.com/cardterms."
Old 01-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #99
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Since it expired on 15 January, I am going to lock this thread.

Closed Thread