Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Kindle Oasis no longer displays catalogs as periodicals

I've started to have problems with the way my Kindle Oasis (2017, firmware 5.9.6.1) displays calibre catalogs. Until recently, when I generated a calibre catalog in .mobi format and sent it to my Kindle from Calibre, it was displayed as a periodical, with Author, Title etc sections. Now it's displayed as a personal document, with no table of contents at all, and there's no way to navigate it. To my knowledge nothing has changed in the way I generate the catalog. Nothing is stuck indexing on the Oasis. I have the latest Calibre 64-bit on a Windows 10 computer.

What is really weird, both my Voyage and my Oasis 2016 are on the same firmware and still display catalogs correctly.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's catalog subsystem is unmaintained, so nothing has changed there in a very long time. If it works on some kindles and not the others, it sounds like a bug on that Kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 01:41 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Well, updating the Kindle to the latest firmware didn't change anything. So I just created the catalog in azw3 format now, instead of mobi. Still not a periodical, but at least it has a decent ToC and I can work with that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote