Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #166
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
FREE:

Christmas at Draycott Abbey by Christina Skye
Series: Draycott Abbey - 8
Genre: Paranormal (Time Travel/Medieval)
Former Publisher: Avon (1998)
Thanks for posting this one - kept looking at it on ereaderiq out of the corner of my eye, but was trying to be 'good' with the DL's...but now I caved!
Also, congrats on the new Kindle!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #167
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Prisoner of Desire (The Louisiana History Collection) by Jennifer Blake
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
oops, thanks, booklover6, for posting the link.

Blossom - thanks for the Christmas at Draycott Abbey by Christina Skye. I remember reading some of her original Draycott Abby books years ago.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #168
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Thanks for posting this one - kept looking at it on ereaderiq out of the corner of my eye, but was trying to be 'good' with the DL's...but now I caved!
Also, congrats on the new Kindle!
My philosophy. It's free grab it. You might want to read it later then have to pay for it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #169
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
My philosophy. It's free grab it. You might want to read it later then have to pay for it.
I totally agree. I have hundreds of freebies that I've not yet read but when I have started reading some I've been delighted that I got them when I did, especially when the price goes back up to $XX.XX. And if I didn't find the book too thrilling, oh well, no loss.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #170
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon:

Once Upon a Ballroom: Original Short Stories - Maya Rodale , Miranda Neville, Katharine Ashe, Caroline Linden [Historical Romance]

Amazon US---Amazon UK

-The authors have been published by Avon, Berkley, HarperCollins, Zebra.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #171
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Also free at Smashwords - Once Upon a Ballroom short stories anthology

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE at Amazon:

Once Upon a Ballroom: Original Short Stories - Maya Rodale , Miranda Neville, Katharine Ashe, Caroline Linden [Historical Romance]

Amazon US---Amazon UK

-The authors have been published by Avon, Berkley, HarperCollins, Zebra.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #172
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Yes, especially that the archive issue appears to be fixed. At least for the K3.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #173
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Yes, especially that the archive issue appears to be fixed. At least for the K3.
Really? Has the new firmware actually been released?

ETA: Because it definitely is still a problem on mine and I don't see the 3.4 release.

On the Kindle Fire, it causes a different issue - no space to load any apps at all. And on the KTouch, it completely bricks the device if you get above 16K or so items (the reboot issue on the K3 starts at around 3500).

None of the devices will show the entire archive (and start at oldest first, which will be changed in the new firmware release); this wouldn't be an issue if a search of the archives would actually hit the Amazon database, rather than only the stored archives.

Last edited by koland; 09-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #174
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Fireblossom US DE by Cynthia Wright, which was first published by Ballantine in 1992. The author claims this is a revised edition.

Quote:
Daniel “Fox” Matthews, sent to Little Bighorn by the president to keep an eye on hot-headed General Custer, is haunted by guilt for a battle outcome he couldn’t prevent. The raucous gold town of Deadwood, South Dakota seems like the perfect refuge, although it’s located in the Black Hills, sacred land to the same Sioux Indians who decimated Custer’s troops.

Madeleine Avery, raised to be a lady in Philadelphia, is appalled when she arrives in Deadwood with her family. Slowly she unbends, coaxed out of her shell by a powerful attraction to Fox and a journey into the world of the Sioux Indians.

FIREBLOSSOM is a compelling tale of cultures colliding and the bittersweet, tender journey of Fox and Maddie as they discover the secrets of their own hearts.
The Iron Road US DE by Jane Jackson, first published with Robert Hale in 1999.

Quote:
It's 1865 and the Great Western Railway has spread across Cornwall, changing the face of the countryside with earthworks and viaducts. Now a new line is under construction. The invading army of navvies has many women but few wives. Considered heathens in a Christian country, they are feared by locals, ill-treated by the railway company, and a source of amusement for bored aristocratic ladies.

This is the story of two men and two women of vastly differing backgrounds drawn together by corruption, intrigue and tragedy.

Yet in the wake of disaster, hope blossoms, and courage is rewarded with a love undreamed of.
Devil's Own Bargain US DE by Mary Gillgannon.

Quote:
Desperate for funds to save the crumbling family estate, Devon Langley, earl of Northrup, has no choice but to make the “devil’s own bargain”. In exchange for 100,000 pounds, he agrees to wed cloth merchant Merton Beaumont’s only daughter.

Caroline Beaumont is appalled to discover her father has all but sold her into marriage to the forbidding earl. Yet realizing her doting father desires a noble grandson above all else, she decides to make the best of things. She also finds herself intrigued by her darkly handsome, mysterious husband.

Devon discovers his new wife isn’t the crude, ill-mannered little “cit” he anticipated. Indeed, he soon finds himself falling for her ethereal blond beauty, even as her genuineness and warmth begin to heal his wounded heart. But the diabolical plot of a madman threatens to shatter their tenuous bond and destroy all their hopes for love and happiness.

Note: Devil’s Own Bargain was previously published as The Man She Married under the pseudonym Molly Marcort.
Shadow Walker US DE by Connie Mason, first published by Leisure in 2003.

Quote:
Why Did You Do That? Kiss You? Cole Shrugged. Because You Wanted Me To, I Suppose. Why Else Would A Man Kiss A Woman? But Dawn knew lots of other reasons, especially if the woman was nothing but a half-breed whose father had sold her to the first interested male.

Defenseless and exquisitely lovely, Dawn was overjoyed when Cole Webster killed the ruthless outlaw who had been her husband in name only. But now she had a very different sort of man to contend with. A man of unquestionable virility, a man who prized justice and honored the Native American traditions that had been lost to her. Most intriguing of all, he was obviously a man who knew exactly how to bring a woman to soaring heights of pleasure. And yes, she did want his kiss and maybe a whole lot more.
Texas Homecoming US DE by Leigh Greenwood, first published by Leisure in 2002.

Quote:
Night Riders …
They were a crack team of Confederate raiders, striking behind enemy lines under cover of darkness, operating with one mind, one heart. Until one of their number betrayed them all. In the aftermath of tragedy, they swore they would live to hunt down the traitor. But to each, life would bring first a woman and then a revelation: Far sweeter then revenge is love.

Cade … Captain of the Night Riders, he led the survivors home to Texas to make a fresh start. His grandfather still lived, his ranch still stood, and waiting there was a dark-eyed temptress who made him all too glad to be alive. When he took Pilar in his arms, his blood surged hotly and he felt like the wild young man who’d once abducted her for a lark. But the war had changed them all and now he would allow nothing to come between them – not her family, not his heritage, not even her turncoat of a brother.

This is the first in the Night Riders Series
Jennifer Blake repeat freebies: Pieces of Dreams, Prisoner of Desire, The Warlock's Daughter.

Last edited by Britomart; 09-13-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #175
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Really? Has the new firmware actually been released?

ETA: Because it definitely is still a problem on mine and I don't see the 3.4 release.

On the Kindle Fire, it causes a different issue - no space to load any apps at all. And on the KTouch, it completely bricks the device if you get above 16K or so items (the reboot issue on the K3 starts at around 3500).

None of the devices will show the entire archive (and start at oldest first, which will be changed in the new firmware release); this wouldn't be an issue if a search of the archives would actually hit the Amazon database, rather than only the stored archives.
Yes, I did the manual update to both of my Kindle Keyboards. They are running faster. I used the parental control to remove the archive access from both of them. I see a definite improvement.

I haven't had any space issues on my Kindle Fire, and I don't have the touch. But the reboot issue appears to be no more, at least for mine.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #176
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I did the manual update to both of my Kindle Keyboards. They are running faster. I used the parental control to remove the archive access from both of them. I see a definite improvement.

I haven't had any space issues on my Kindle Fire, and I don't have the touch. But the reboot issue appears to be no more, at least for mine.
Looks like it has fixed mine, as well. Also, nice that the archives now show newest items (sadly, can't sort them that way, though, so still a slog to get thru them). Turns out you can install the WiFi only update onto the WiFi+3G (seems to work just fine afterwards, also), so be careful when downloading.

I've found a work-around for the Fire (for now) - remove books (or just back up), clear cache (which removes 500 MB of thumbnails), then install apps and use the Fire (staying out of the Kindle app), then USB the books back to the Fire - there isn't any space for it to download thumbnails, of course, but in the meantime, I managed to get my free magazines (I needed space to download the apps, not just the content).
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #177
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've found a work-around for the Fire (for now) - remove books (or just back up), clear cache (which removes 500 MB of thumbnails), then install apps and use the Fire (staying out of the Kindle app), then USB the books back to the Fire - there isn't any space for it to download thumbnails, of course, but in the meantime, I managed to get my free magazines (I needed space to download the apps, not just the content).
I wasn't aware of an Archive issue on the Fire.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #178
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I wasn't aware of an Archive issue on the Fire.
It chews up all the space allocated for "apps", which leaves you zero to install anything.

Also runs slow as molasses.

If I can stay out of the archives, it is working ok again now. In fact, I discovered you can clear the data from the Kindle app and your books stay in place - it only removes the 500MB of cached info for the archive (from what I can tell). Which means it is only a few extra clicks to get rid of it when I do want to install an app (I was down to only the pre-installed ones and a handful of others, which only took up ~ 50MB of space, but had no room to install anything else.

ETA: there are similar issues in the apps and none of the apps or devices can easily show you the entire archive (and on the iPad, it requires that you never reset or update the app, as it will only download the first 3500 or items, skip the rest and then updates only new ones from that point on). I don't really use the desktop app, but have been told it has a similar problem.

Amazon is updating a lot of older apps/devices, as they find that more of their customers are breaking the 3K barrier in their archives (due to KDP freebies, it is happening much faster than when the only freebies were publisher sponsored). The Touch is phased out, but got the update due to it completely bricking on very large archives.

Last edited by koland; 09-13-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #179
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It chews up all the space allocated for "apps", which leaves you zero to install anything.

Also runs slow as molasses.

If I can stay out of the archives, it is working ok again now. In fact, I discovered you can clear the data from the Kindle app and your books stay in place - it only removes the 500MB of cached info for the archive (from what I can tell). Which means it is only a few extra clicks to get rid of it when I do want to install an app (I was down to only the pre-installed ones and a handful of others, which only took up ~ 50MB of space, but had no room to install anything else.
Okay how many books are we talking about? I clear the Kindle app data nightly because of missing covers on books I send during the day. It's a pain to do because you have restart the Kindle each time to get the carousel to display correctly.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #180
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Endless Fear - Adrianne Lee [Suspense/Romantic Suspense]

Amazon US---Amazon UK

-This book was originally published by Zebra in 1992.
-The author has been published by Zebra, Harlequin, St. Martin's.

Quote:
For twelve long years, April Farraday has struggled to recall what happened the night of her mother's fatal fall down a flight of stairs. Did she push her mother to her death? If she is ever to be free to spend her life with the man she loves, April must return to scene of the crime and confront her forgotten past.

But there are those at Calendar House who also fear the return of April's memory, including the man she loves, and they will do anything to keep the truth from coming out. Including committing another murder.
-I also posted this in the Mystery/Suspense thread, depending on which description I'm looking at it looks like Romantic Suspense or Suspense. It's also in multiple categories at Amazon, so I posted it in both threads.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote