Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
chiara.sc
chiara.sc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Adding ARIAL or HELVETICA FONTS in KOBO AURA HD

Hi all,
I recently had to regenerate my Kobo Aura HD... after a long day I now have it again with all my books.
However opening the book I was reading I discovered that the font I was used to (arial - helvetica) is no more present in the list. May be it is something related to the update but I like to read in that font.
Is there any way to add it to my kobo?
I've asked to Kobo support but they told that this is not a standard and supported feature.

Any suggestions?
Thank you !
Chiara
chiara.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think Arial has ever been a font supplied by Kobo, so you must have sideloaded it. You will need to find a copy of the font and redo that. The instructions for sideloading fonts are in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204363.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
eenk
*carrier lost*
eenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma, H2O v1, Aura HD
Never spotted Arial on my Aura HD. It's a commercial font family created by Monotype, especially created for low resolution displays ... the Auro HD has a high resolution display, so why should Kobo license a font that was created especially for much inferior screens?
eenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you run Windows, you can get a copy of Arial from Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add font, fonts, helvetica, kobo aura hd