Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 03:13 AM   #41101
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking at different hair styles on Pinterest. This week is the week I do several things that I don't like doing, but needed to get done. Yesterday I went clothes shopping. Today, if it's dry after work, I'm going to get my hair cut. And tomorrow I'll dye my hair.

The long hair (past my shoulder blades) was nice during summer; it was very easy to braid or twist into a bun to get it out of the way. Now it's just annoying me. I think I'll go for a long bob, just above my shoulders, maybe in the back a bit shorter. I don't want to go very short, at least not now.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #41102
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad I checked the website of the hairdresser, for whatever reason "my" salon is now closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I'm going to the cinema in another (nearby) town, and I had planned on going earlier so I could have an early dinner before the film. However, there is a hairdresser of the same chain near the cinema. If I leave when I'm done working I should be able to get a haircut, have dinner and be in time for It.

Just now on eBay I found a nice and affordable travel watercolor brush set. Seven brushes for €35. The others I found were two to three times as expensive for only three brushes. Those are prices I just can't justify.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #41103
yavannildi
yavannildi began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Table of contents

Yeah, trying to find anything about toc but i should really get to bed. But as nobody will sing: soft kitty ... i'll continue suffering throuhougt this forum sigh, sigh
yavannildi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #41104
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannildi View Post
Yeah, trying to find anything about toc but i should really get to bed. But as nobody will sing: soft kitty ... i'll continue suffering throuhougt this forum sigh, sigh
TOC for what?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #41105
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Waiting for my phone to ping, which signals it is time to rinse the dye out of my hair. Meanwhile, I'm doing some maintenance on my ebook library and if there is some time left over I might have a look whether I want to get an Amazon Echo or a Google Home when I go to the UK next month.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #41106
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The last couple of days autumn has arrived and the weather has been cool and damp, so last night I dug out my electrical heater to take away the chill and damp from the room. I always dread the first time I turn on the heater: I always cover it up, but dust finds a way in and it stinks up the room for a little while.

For years I've wanted to get a Dyson Hot + Cool, but they are so expensive. However, I've decided that after my vacation I'll start saving for one. My fan is starting to get noisy, so that needs replacing. The Dyson is about the same size as my fan and I can get rid of the electrical heater. Plus, the Dyson heater has a lot of benefits over my current electrical heater (more evenly warms the room, no smell of burnt dust, more accurate thermostat, etc).
Old 09-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #41107
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The last couple of days autumn has arrived and the weather has been cool and damp, so last night I dug out my electrical heater to take away the chill and damp from the room. I always dread the first time I turn on the heater: I always cover it up, but dust finds a way in and it stinks up the room for a little while.

For years I've wanted to get a Dyson Hot + Cool, but they are so expensive. However, I've decided that after my vacation I'll start saving for one. My fan is starting to get noisy, so that needs replacing. The Dyson is about the same size as my fan and I can get rid of the electrical heater. Plus, the Dyson heater has a lot of benefits over my current electrical heater (more evenly warms the room, no smell of burnt dust, more accurate thermostat, etc).
Never mind. You are talking the fan on your heater. I was thinking a regular fan can be taken apart and oiled when it starts getting noisy.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #41108
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Never mind. You are talking the fan on your heater. I was thinking a regular fan can be taken apart and oiled when it starts getting noisy.
It's my regular fan. It's one of those tower fans, it has started to make a rattling sound and when I set it to oscillate it clicks. There aren't any screws to open it up to give it a good clean. Mind you, I bought it over 4 years ago for €20, and until this year it has been working well and quiet.

My heater also has a small fan, that thing is noisy, so I hardly ever switch it on.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #41109
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's my regular fan. It's one of those tower fans, it has started to make a rattling sound and when I set it to oscillate it clicks. There aren't any screws to open it up to give it a good clean. Mind you, I bought it over 4 years ago for €20, and until this year it has been working well and quiet.

My heater also has a small fan, that thing is noisy, so I hardly ever switch it on.
I was thinking a stand fan.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #41110
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Yesterday the judge was to pass a verdict over the Family Thing court case. Considering all that has happened in the past four years I either expected him to rule that we had to pay top dollar for the house or that the ruling was going to be postponed.

We just got a call from our lawyer, she had looked on the website of the courts and the judge had passed a verdict: he wants my uncle (and aunt) to sell the house to us for the price my uncle had offered it to us in 2013. A couple of months ago my father upped the offer by €50000 and a court ordered appraisal by a estate agent had put the value at €75000 more.

I'm stunned, I feel more tense now than I did during the wait for the verdict.

Still, my uncle can appeal. However, in a previous verdict the judge has decided that everyone should pay their own legal cost, so my uncle can't use my grandmother's money and he hasn't got much money himself.

Again, I'm stunned.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #41111
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I am guessing this is good news.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #41112
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am guessing this is good news.
Yes, the judge agreed with us, he even went back to the original agreement. Doing so he also swept aside all the (in our opinion) ridiculous demands my uncle made if we wanted to buy the house.

My uncle now has 3 months to appeal. But since he will have to pay for it himself chances are a lot lower he will than when he still had access to my grandmother's money.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #41113
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Bracing myself to take the clamps off my son's door. He cracked it across the hinges slamming it (teenage tantrums!) and I've tried to glue it back together today. It's badly damaged by the top hinge so I've done that first to see if it is salvageable and, if that's held, I'll glue and clamp the less badly damaged area around the bottom hinge.

I'm really not good at DIY, so please wish me luck!!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #41114
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Bracing myself to take the clamps off my son's door. He cracked it across the hinges slamming it (teenage tantrums!) and I've tried to glue it back together today. It's badly damaged by the top hinge so I've done that first to see if it is salvageable and, if that's held, I'll glue and clamp the less badly damaged area around the bottom hinge.

I'm really not good at DIY, so please wish me luck!!
If he does it again, I have a suggestion. He loses the door.
Oh and good luck. Both with the door and the teenager.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #41115
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
If he does it again, I have a suggestion. He loses the door.
Oh and good luck. Both with the door and the teenager.
Thank you. And, yes, if he does it again, no more door
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?