Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
warriorkalia
warriorkalia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
eBook compiling

Sorry to bother you guys.

I've been looking for a decent way of making a personal eBook for a while. Since most everything on the web pointed to mobipocket creator, I got that and started making a personal recipe book.

It was only after entering over 110 recipes and attempted to build the actual book that I came across problems. The creator evidently has a bunch of problems with the files I used it to create. So now I can't use the book I put so much time into...

I haven't imported any of these recipes- I entered them all by hand into the program itself using the template.

So I'm rather lost, as I've lost all of my knowledge on html programming, and never knew Java to begin with. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it, or a different program I might use the files with, or... anything?

Note: The warning comes up with something along the lines of, "Some syntax error happened in a script (script will not execute)
Error: Unexpected token, expected token was: )
at position: 282
line: 0000001"

This means mostly nothing to me.
warriorkalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorkalia View Post
I've been looking for a decent way of making a personal eBook for a while. Since most everything on the web pointed to mobipocket creator, I got that and started making a personal recipe book.
Mobipocket Creator is hopelessly outdated by now and no longer supported. Most self-publishers start out with .html files that they export from Word or LibereOffice and then convert with with Calibre or edit with Sigil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorkalia View Post
So I'm rather lost, as I've lost all of my knowledge on html programming, and never knew Java to begin with. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it, or a different program I might use the files with, or... anything?
If all your recipes are stored in .html files, I'd suggest creating a new ePub with Sigil and converting it with either Calibre or Kindle Previewer:
Simply open Sigil, select Add existing files from the File menu and select all your .html files. Then press F8 to enter book title and author, save the .ePub file and convert it to a .mobi file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert