Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Updating My Shelves Column from my Kobo eReader

Hi,

Is it possible to update My Shelves column in Calibre form my Kobo, I have it working the other way fine but it would be useful to be able to update in the reverse as well (e.g. when I finish a book I remove it from my New Books Collection and would like Calibre to be updated as well)

If it makes any difference I have both the Kobo Utilities and Kobo Extended Driver plugins installed.
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to fetch the collections from the device and populate a column. But, it is intended more as a way to repopulate the columns in calibre after some sort of mistake or disaster. Using it frequently is probably not a good idea.

Personally I do this in the library. I use several reading lists (via the Reading List plugin) for the current state of the books. This include "ToRead", "Reading" and "Finished". When I move the books between the lists, they change a column to include the state which is then synced back to the device as a collection. Though I don't really use those collections as the device has the state and I can use the filters.

I also use the utilities plugin to fetch the reading status of the books when I connect the device. That sets a column to the percent read and I use that when doing the above steps. It wouldn't be hard to have a column set the collection based on this percentage, but, I find doing it manually is good as I also consider other things such as rating and any final edits for errors in the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Thanks I had missed the option in Kobo Utilities and will use that when I need to update Calibre with changes I have made on my Kobo (not something I plan to be running daily or even monthly)
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kobo