Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
Gabbertd
Gabbertd began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 750
Cool Searching entire library

Is it possible for Calibre to search digital text content within a selected group of ebooks?
Gabbertd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Quality Check plugin can search the content of books (it maybe ePub only) - my experience is that it can be very slow.

The MultiColumnSearch plugin features full text searching - I haven't used it.

I use X1 and Windows Desktop Search (WDS) to search a calibre library, I then use the Drop Search Results plugin to create a Reading List, which I can cull based on metadata.

X1 and WDS can search the contents of a calibre library folder of 100,000+ books in 2-5 seconds (the indexes they use are maintained by background service tasks when books are added, changed, moved, deleted etc), and culling a reading list by say a Tag value is more or less instantaneous.

X1 and WDS can also search multiple calibre libraries, emails, documents, spreadsheets etc in the one search.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, search