Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #316
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
Is there any advantage in preordering? What is the best store to buy this from in Canada?
I think the advantage of pre-ordering is, if you don't and they go out of stock, you might have to wait longer to get one.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #317
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
You can try to buy from Indigo Chapters. Normally they ship worldwide.
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...7639-item.html

Last edited by hel; 10-16-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added link
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #318
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I just wish that Kobo would finish what they started so long ago. There's getting to be a build-up of "half-options".
They are just trying to keep up with amazon, which provides an awkward way to disable sleep, but absent a jailbreak, the only way to re-enable sleep is to reboot. And again, absent a jailbreak, the only way to power down a kindle has a side effect that trashes all settings and documents.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #319
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Ordered today from Indigo Chapters. Delivery said "will be arrived by 23 October, 2018"
Cool. If they are shipping to arrive on release date in Canada, then maybe it will get to me in the US shortly after.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #320
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And I'm still getting this banner page (in Pale Moon, Firefox and Vivaldi, which is a Chrome clone). It must be a Linux thing, or maybe my ad blockers?
I wonder if it could be that I never go to Walmart and you do, so maybe it's cached in your browser history?

FWIW, I pulled that image using Edge at work that doesn't allow extensions, not even an ad blocker

How has Vivaldi progressed? I installed an early beta long ago, but decided between Firefox and Edge, I really don't need another browser.

Did they ever get their email client working? I liked having that in Opera.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #321
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I’ve got a bit of crow I have to eat guys. I just got an email from Kobo about my order for the Forma.

They provided an order number and tracking number and told me who they are shipping it with.

They expect delivery by end of the day Monday the 22nd.

I’ll be more impressed if they deliver on that estimate but I am in a major city and it’s UPS that’s shipping it.

Good on Kobo though this is much better than I’d anticipated with a ship date of the 23rd. Hopefully I’ll be reading on my Forma by then.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #322
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I wonder if it could be that I never go to Walmart and you do, so maybe it's cached in your browser history?
I don't know what is happening. I tried clearing history (on the Fire, since I don't like to lose my this information on the computers) and it still goes to the old screen. Weird. I'll try the Windows partition on a laptop, but I have tried my wife's Windows computer (though I haven't cleared the history for the same reason I don't clear it on my own computers).

Quote:
FWIW, I pulled that image using Edge at work that doesn't allow extensions, not even an ad blocker
I didn't know anyone actually used Edge.

Quote:

How has Vivaldi progressed? I installed an early beta long ago, but decided between Firefox and Edge, I really don't need another browser.

Did they ever get their email client working? I liked having that in Opera.
Vivaldi is my 2nd backup browser. I basically use it for "Save to Kindle" (since it no longer works in Firefox). I also use it for some websites that want a Chrome-based browser for filling out forms. (Chrome isn't made for 32-bit Linux anymore.) For watching baseball or Netflix I use Firefox. But Pale Moon is my main browser because it looks like the old versions of Firefox and I like having more room for the web pages.

There's no built-in mail client yet in Vivaldi, though they've talked about it. We used to use Opera's mail client where in I worked in the mid-2000s. Vivaldi does offer free email accounts, but it's not the same.

I'm rambling ...
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:25 AM   #323
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I’ve got a bit of crow I have to eat guys. I just got an email from Kobo about my order for the Forma.

They provided an order number and tracking number and told me who they are shipping it with.

They expect delivery by end of the day Monday the 22nd.

I’ll be more impressed if they deliver on that estimate but I am in a major city and it’s UPS that’s shipping it.

Good on Kobo though this is much better than I’d anticipated with a ship date of the 23rd. Hopefully I’ll be reading on my Forma by then.
I got email late last night from Kobo that my Forma has shipped as well. In my case with a Canada Post tracking number. Expected delivery of Friday the 19th, though it won't surprise me if it is delivered today as it was processed in Ottawa at 4:30 this morning.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 10-18-2018 at 06:28 AM.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #324
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I do wonder whether Kobo have solved the screen sensitivity with the Forma.

I loved the Kobo Glo, but the need for multiple taps on the screen for one page turn was a dealbreaker and why I bought the Paperwhite in the end.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #325
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
I do wonder whether Kobo have solved the screen sensitivity with the Forma.

I loved the Kobo Glo, but the need for multiple taps on the screen for one page turn was a dealbreaker and why I bought the Paperwhite in the end.
I can't speak for the Forma (obviously), but I have no need of double tapping on my Clara HD. It's every bit as sensitive as my PW2
Old 10-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #326
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I didn't know anyone actually used Edge.
Actually, on my Surface and another Windows tablet I have, I like Edge quite a bit and use it for most of my browsing (though Firefox gets installed on any computer I have access to).

At work I use Edge all day, but we're tied to an older version of Windows 10 and are disabled from adding extensions to it.

Quote:
There's no built-in mail client yet in Vivaldi, though they've talked about it. We used to use Opera's mail client where in I worked in the mid-2000s. Vivaldi does offer free email accounts, but it's not the same.
They'e been talking about the built-in mail client since very nearly day one

Vivaldi seems nice enough. I just don't know if I need another browser.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #327
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I got email late last night from Kobo that my Forma has shipped as well. In my case with a Canada Post tracking number. Expected delivery of Friday the 19th, though it won't surprise me if it is delivered today as it was processed in Ottawa at 4:30 this morning.

So in a little flashback to the Kobo of old, before I had received any email from Kobo I had reached out to them on FB messenger. They told me pre-orders were shipping on the 22nd. I guess they still are two departments not talking to each other.

I have two friends who also ordered Forma's, one from Indigo, another from Walmart. Indigo claims delivery for the 22nd this friend is also in Canada, walmart is saying shipping on the 23rd delivery the 25th.

Just kind of interesting that there's such a difference. I understand the delay for CA-US orders, but it's odd that Walmart can't match what Indigo is doing.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #328
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Funny I‘m exactly the same as Zodwallop use Edge as my main browser and Firefox as backup. Used to be Firefox as my main browser but I moved to Edge more and more.

Last edited by Stevex; 10-18-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #329
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Funny...I only use Edge to download Chrome.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #330
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hmm, did I miss Nate's review?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote