Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 02:52 AM   #466
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Then you must have disabled them at some point, just click on them and use the "Enable/disable" button at the bottom to re-enable.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:56 AM   #467
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
python2-{apsw,css-parser,html5-parser,markdown,mechanize,netifaces,pychm,regex,un rardll}
python2-pyqt5 and python2-pyqtwenengine can also be dropped, but those aren't mine, so I pinged the maintainer.

So, 11 for now.

I thought there would be even more, but apparently python2-feedparser is still needed by some "rawdog" thing???
And soupsieve, beautifulsoup4, html5lib, lxml, cssselect are all in some tangled circular checkdepends situation, with html5lib required by python2-pip. If I could drop those, I could drop pytest-expect and webencodings too...

pillow is still needed by Kodi.

EDIT: also python2-sip-pyqt5 and python2-opengl could be dropped once python2-pyqt5 is removed.

So, 13.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-25-2020 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM   #468
xtraktor
xtraktor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Then you must have disabled them at some point, just click on them and use the "Enable/disable" button at the bottom to re-enable.
Yes, you are right again
Built in plugins working, only some third party plugins won't work.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:05 AM   #469
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@escwartz: Am happy to be simplifying your life
Old 09-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #470
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
scrolling take multiple to move ONLY in Calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Also, this version of the viewer is still presenting the problem of multiple scrolls to change the page. Was this fix applied to this release (4.99.7)?

P.S.: Running from source, the mentioned fix did not solved the problem on version 4.20.
Same thing, multiple scrolls to move the text/page. tried all settings in calibre and no joy. Page up/page down works fine. Mouse and scrolling works on all other windows 10 64bit programs like browsers, word, office email outlook and the list just is on and on.
Only Calibre does this. I would agree 4.20 onwards approx was the point where it occured. Now upgraded to 5.0.0 and same result.
Space bar turns page, page up down turns page. Mouse scroll works about 50% ie needs sometimes 2 sometimes 3 clicks to advance the page. ONLY in the ereader viewer program. In the main calibre program works file and as expected. Just when reading a book. Tried different books all the same since some change in the last few versions.

Thanks for an excellent program to by the way Korval.

aha I found pixel settings in the reading page preferences and changed this from 60 down to 40 and viola! its now working fine. Not sure what this really does or any other unintended result but a quick scroll around a couple of ebook looks great. thanks again for an option, just didnt know it was there.
Problem resolved for me now.

Last edited by minsik; 09-25-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:39 AM   #471
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
Same thing, multiple scrolls to move the text/page. tried all settings in calibre and no joy. Page up/page down works fine. Mouse and scrolling works on all other windows 10 64bit programs like browsers, word, office email outlook and the list just is on and on.
Only Calibre does this. I would agree 4.20 onwards approx was the point where it occured. Now upgraded to 5.0.0 and same result.
Space bar turns page, page up down turns page. Mouse scroll works about 50% ie needs sometimes 2 sometimes 3 clicks to advance the page. ONLY in the ereader viewer program. In the main calibre program works file and as expected. Just when reading a book. Tried different books all the same since some change in the last few versions.

Thanks for an excellent program to by the way Korval.

aha I found pixel settings in the reading page preferences and changed this from 60 down to 40 and viola! its now working fine. Not sure what this really does or any other unintended result but a quick scroll around a couple of ebook looks great. thanks again for an option, just didnt know it was there.
Problem resolved for me now.
Go to Viewer Preferences > Scrolling behavior > Pixel scroll threshold. I don't remember what was the default threshold, but I adjusted mine to '55' and it works fine now.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #472
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished releasing it to Arch Linux's official repos.

To celebrate, I dropped a bunch of python2 modules that only calibre still needed.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I thought I would have to wait for a day or two....But no, installing now....

Thanks a lot.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:32 AM   #473
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I did a listing of my user installed plugins prior to the calibre 5.0.1 install. I lost two plugins, the DeDRM plugin which is rather important to me and the B&N metadata plugin which is not important to me (the covers were usual small and the metadata was close to useless).
Old 09-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #474
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
No idea, you'd have to ask the developers of calibre-web
I tested it earlier (I created a backup first) and can confirm that Calibre-Web seems to run fine
Old 09-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #475
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Cosmetic: Menu Pulldown wierdness

W10 x64
I run Over - Under monitors (main on bottom)
I happened to have V5.0.1 open on the upper monitor.
When I went to use the Eject Device, the pulldown appeared on the lower monitor (in the proper horizontally relative location)
Old 09-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #476
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@theducks: Menu positioning is done by Qt, likely some regression in the Qt update.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #477
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@theducks: Menu positioning is done by Qt, likely some regression in the Qt update.
I figured something like that. Would not show up on a side by side rig.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:43 PM   #478
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Speaking of DeDRM, I found a temporary solution in installing it in Calibre Portable (I keep 3.48 around for the rare case where I need the old viewer) to add the book to the portable library. Then switch back to main Calibre and use add book to get the dedrm'd file (or copy it to the autoadd folder).
But you cannot use 3.48 and 5.x. The database was changed and 3.48 is no longer compatible. However, 4.23 is compatible with the new Database. So you can install the portable 4.23.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #479
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you're not sharing a library between 3.48 portable and 5.0, it doesn't matter that the databases aren't compatible. You use 3.48 as a staging library for DeDRM purposes only and then move the liberated books to your permanent 5.0 library. Pretty much exactly how @ownedbycats said they were doing it.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:07 PM   #480
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I was using separate libraries.
Closed Thread