Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-30-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
LordOfInsomnia
LordOfInsomnia began at the beginning.

Device: none.
Boox Nova 2 or Pocketbook inkpad 3 pro or kobo Libra H2O

Hi there,

I want to buy one of these three ereeders.
Currently my favorite is inkpad 3 pro.

I will sideload all of my books. Manga, comics and pdfs are secondary but a plus.

Sideloading applications is a plus.

I have used borrowed kindle for 2 weeks and I was very satisfied.

That is it for now.
Regards

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
LordOfInsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
LordOfInsomnia

Anybody?

I'm a programmer and a linux user, so I can handle calibre and any other conversation tool.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:26 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Onyx is best for pdf and manga because of built in neoreader app. It's also best for sideloaded apps. It's android. The others are not.

Kobo probably has slightly better contrast on screen. But onyx orange light is more orange.

No nothing about the inkpad.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
LordOfInsomnia

Ok. Thanks. After some research, I am shifting my opinion to buy Boox.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Yes, go with Onyx. I have a old Note and its a great device. I also have Kobo, Nook and Amazon devices and if you're side loading I don't think you can beat Onyx/Calibre. Incidentally the other thing that you should check out is COPS which is a great way of getting a web interface onto a Calibre library, should be no problem to set up with your skills and it's rock solid...
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote