Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Profiles

I see the Profiles feature added in the 2020.07 build, but I do not see how can I use that. I created a profile called "day" with two options checked, but I see no visible change in behavior
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can currently activate them by long pressing on them. It will be expanded on in the future.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
mzel
Connoisseur

Can I ask for an enhancement? Can you add setting the warmth and the brightness to a fixed value as a part of the profile as opposed to increase/decrease?
Should I put this as an issue in github?
Old 07-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure, that makes it easier to keep track.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
mzel
Connoisseur

Done. Thanks in advance. I probably could do it myself, but I have never done anything in Docker/LUA, and I do not even have linux installed on my personal machine.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard

You don't need to compile anything just to play around with Lua. Editing the files on your device will do the trick.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:18 AM   #7
sarigabor
Enthusiast
sarigabor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Please add new Guesture under "Tap and Guestures" and new Command under "Profiles":
"Toggle Profiles"

With eg. "%profile-name profile is activated" popup message.
sarigabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:24 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Please see https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6441

Coming soon to a nightly near you (or stable if you wait a couple of weeks)
Old 08-01-2020, 06:45 AM   #9
sarigabor
Enthusiast

Thank you!

Old 08-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #10
mzel
Connoisseur

Thanks, this works!
Old 08-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #11
mzel
Connoisseur

Is there a way to assign a profile to a gesture?
Old 10-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #12
sarigabor
Enthusiast

Hello, Any news for this thread?
Old 10-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #13
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yup. You can add n actions to a single gesture, and use that gesture instead of the profile.

AFAIK gestures can't invoke profile changes. These are two different plugins. Both are using the actions dispatcher, so they can do exactly the same, but you need to configure them separately. (The rationale is: a plugin can be disabled without affecting the behaviour of the rest).

TL;DR: Use a gesture and asign the same actions you're performing on a given profile.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #14
mzel
Connoisseur

Thanks, your suggestion works!
Old 01-02-2022, 10:32 PM   #15
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
How would I transfer saved Profiles and Gestures files from one device to another? Where are they located?
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote