Enthusiast
abraum began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Delete complete tag

Hi,

lets say i have the following code

Code:
<p><span>some long text. more text.</span></p>
and i want to delete the <span>-tag. Or course i can delete it manually. In calibre editor when the cursor is between the '<' and the 's' the complete tag is highlighted. So i can see where the </span> is - useful when the text is longer. Can i delete the whole tag that is highlighted at the moment at once?
abraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Diaps toolbag plugin
It is listed in the Get Plugins part of the Calibre Help icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
I usually just search for <span> and replace with nothing...then hit the correct html (all files) button and then the beautify code button. That cleans it all up.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
I usually just search for <span> and replace with nothing...then hit the correct html (all files) button and then the beautify code button. That cleans it all up.
That will not work correctly in the general case where there are nested spans.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
For some cases like that, I use this plugin.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
abraum
Enthusiast

I'v eimported the plugin in calibre, not calibre editor because i couldn't find something for that in the editor. how can i use the plugin now?

is there something similar for sigil? the last days i've tested sigil again and it looks nice.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In Sigil try the Tag Mechanic PI, its from the same stable.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraum View Post
I'v eimported the plugin in calibre, not calibre editor because i couldn't find something for that in the editor. how can i use the plugin now?

is there something similar for sigil? the last days i've tested sigil again and it looks nice.
If you installed the PI the Calibre way, there should be an wrench (spanner) icon on the toolbar.
OR
on the editors Plugins menu: Edit Spans and Divs
Note: the name is misleading. It does a lot more than just Spans or Divs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:39 AM   #9
abraum
Enthusiast

I thought its easier to delete the whole tag. DEL deletes the next character and when i'm "in" a tag i thought something like CTRG+DEL or ALT+DEL can delete the whole tag.

Code:
<sp|an id=bla">a long text</span>
Lets say the | is the cursor position. Calibre editor (and sigil) highlight <span> and </span>. Now it would be cool it could delete both by CTRG+DEL or something else. Going to the menu is not faster as deleting the two parts of the tag manually.