Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yea, if only they would change there stupid policy of not re-opening closed accounts. I really see no rhythm or reason to that. My account was closed accidentally by someone at Audible which I bet didn't know when I said I didn't need two Audible accounts closed my Amazon account.

I still lost all my wish lists, my order history, my recommendation history, etc.

Argh...

BOb
There seem to be some computer issues at Audible. I didn't get my monthly 2 credits that were supposed to hit my account yesterday. I sent an email asking what the issue was. Somehow, my credit card had been deactivated and I was now delinquent. I did not deactivate the card and did not receive a notice that my account changed or that there was a problem with my account.

I opted not to email again but called Audible. The CS Rep admitted that they were having computer problems and I wasn't the only one not to receive my credits. They did re-activate my credit card and gave me one free credit for my trouble. I still didn't get my regular credits as there is something wacky with their system that won't let them re-charge a credit card for the month missed to catch up. Instead of getting 2 paid for audio books this month, I got one for free, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I wonder if it has to do with merging Audible and Amazon accounts (even for those who choose not to... like me).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I wonder if it has to do with merging Audible and Amazon accounts (even for those who choose not to... like me).
Yes, I assume that has a lot to do with it. They are merging onto amazons systems and are having to "issues". I guess their test plans and impelentations were not tested as throughly as they should have been. (can you tell I'm a software architect?)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm resurrecting this thread to note that Audible has taken on some of the good parts of Amazon customer service. After losing my monthly 2 credits to a computer error (and receiving one free credit as compensation), this month I have 4 credits. My regular 2 credits plus the 2 I lost before.

I pretty happy right now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote