Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 PM   #301
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Geoffrey Palmer is perfect as Eeyore.
Oh my goodness, he would be, wouldn't he?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:04 PM   #302
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Count me in as another fan of the Silly Old Bear and his friends, especially Eeyore.

I used to be in and out of the E. P. Dutton offices when the original stuffed animals were displayed there, and it was always delightful to see them.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #303
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I just finished reading an intriguing novella that inspired an idea for a future theme: co-written.

I'm often intrigued by books written by two or more authors. As a writer I'm curious to know how they did it (I'm not a team player), and as a reader I'm curious see whether one voice or another is more apparent, and whether, together, the authors have made something unique in the combination.

So I'm just adding this here in the hope that if I forget, next time we're looking for themes, someone else might remember.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:46 AM   #304
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I just finished reading an intriguing novella that inspired an idea for a future theme: co-written.

I'm often intrigued by books written by two or more authors. As a writer I'm curious to know how they did it (I'm not a team player), and as a reader I'm curious see whether one voice or another is more apparent, and whether, together, the authors have made something unique in the combination.

So I'm just adding this here in the hope that if I forget, next time we're looking for themes, someone else might remember.
Oh, interesting! Just for starters, I know some co-writers take turns with chapters, others just pass it back and forth, some I suspect have specialties in regard to dialogue, description, character development and so forth. Not limited to those possibilities, either.

And sometimes if they don't make it evident, you might not be aware that it's co-authored at that.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #305
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh, interesting! Just for starters, I know some co-writers take turns with chapters, others just pass it back and forth, some I suspect have specialties in regard to dialogue, description, character development and so forth. Not limited to those possibilities, either.

And sometimes if they don't make it evident, you might not be aware that it's co-authored at that.
It is interesting to find out that some apparently singular authors are in fact two people. Our group might be able to raise some surprises in amongst the nominations.

My interest is particularly with those that write separately as well as occasional collaborations, I suppose because it gives more fodder for comparison and consideration. The aforementioned novella was selected on pretty much this basis; each had written some excellent short stories and I was curious to see what they'd do together.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #306
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen is set up with alternating sections with different POVs. The audiobook included an interview with them about how they collaborated. Pekkanen has written other novels alone; Hendricks hasn't.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #307
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Sorcery and Cecelia was written as an epistilary where the authors took turns writing to each other from their character's POV. They say they didn't coordinate either, just built on the previous letter. I haven't read the sequels but this one worked well.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #308
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

The NLBC is everywhere redux

Or, another synchronicity.

Shortly after I read in the November selection, Alias Grace, those lines from Tennyson's Maud:

Quote:
My heart would hear her and beat,
Were it earth in an earthy bed;
I read (heard) those exact lines quoted in Mr. Mulliner Speaking by P. G. Wodehouse.