Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oops - 'Preferences' lost in translation

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	277
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	147529

Yes, its the same if I display the icons

Google says it's Lithuanian for 'Priority'

Added : wait, there's more! I guess where it's still yesterday it's still April Fools day

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	147533

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2016 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Add Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have my language set to Modern English (UK), if I change to Elizabethan English its OK.

Maybe Lithuania invaded the UK to keep them in the EU

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-01-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sigh someone accidentally committed a few strings to an incorrect file -- I think I got them all, but if you spot anymore in the next release, let me know.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:39 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

will do, but curious - why wouldn't you just restore previous version of English UK translation?

BTW: IMO there's a spelling mistake in the UK translation - 'misspelled' should be 'misspelt', I often wince when I see it - a spelling checker with a spelling error, sort of funny

BR
Old 04-02-2016, 01:03 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because translations are updated continuously, by multiple people, so there is no 'previous version', at least if I were to restore the version used by the last calibre release for instance, it would possibly wipe out other, possibly desirable, changes to the file. And because the translation files include line numbers, trying to use a diff tool on them is way too painful.

As for mistakes in translations, you are welcome to correct them yourself, see the instructions here: http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

I try to stay away from translations as much as possible myself, I have quite enough on my plate as it is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2016, 02:08 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

For one word it's not worth it - besides googles Ngram reports 'spelled' overtook 'spelt' outside of US in the mid 90's, 'spelt' hasn't been used in the US since the century before last. So likely as not, only the beat generation cares.

Damn word has too many threads - spell a word, cast a spell, take a spell, someone spilt the spelt

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2016 at 02:42 AM.