Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Are they ever going to fix the light issue?

When I'm reading at 1% brightness and my kobo is shut off, then I turn it back on and touch the light button (turn it on) the light does not come on unless I readjust the brightness to higher than 1% and then back down again. If I shut it off at 2% brightness and then turn it on when my kobo is turned back on it's ok. I've been waiting for this to be fixed in an update forever. Anyone else have this issue?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Huh? That problem happened in a firmware version a while ago and was fixed. There were at least two releases with it fixed. It has come back with 3.5.0. But, there are other things happening with the light, so it isn't exactly the same problem.

Kobo know about the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Ah ok. I had t updated my kobo for a while. Had put it down for a few months and just recently picked it back up and updated to 3.5 and noticed I still had to adjust brightness in order to get the light to come on. What are the new light issues?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Ah ok. I had t updated my kobo for a while. Had put it down for a few months and just recently picked it back up and updated to 3.5 and noticed I still had to adjust brightness in order to get the light to come on. What are the new light issues?
There are some issues in 3.5.0 where coming out of sleep, powering on or disconnecting from your computer can cause the light level to drop to 1%. From the point of view of the developer, I think the worst part of this bug is that it is not consistent which often making locating and fixing the bug more of a PITA.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote