Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Bleumoon_Selene
Bleumoon_Selene began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Post Putting stuff on my EBW-1150

I got my eBook Reader to work on another computer, and downloaded some free books from the EBW website.

Now I am wondering if you can get other things on there as well.

I read stories from sites such as Fictionpress and Fanfiction, is there any way I can get some of the stories onto my device?

Thank you.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Valentines Day.

Bleumoon_Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleumoon_Selene View Post
I read stories from sites such as Fictionpress and Fanfiction, is there any way I can get some of the stories onto my device?
You would need to convert those stories from their current form (presumably just .html) into .imp ebooks using the freely available eBook Publisher, purchased eBookwise Librarian or ETI Content Servers.

You then transfer the .imp created above using the eBookwise Librarian or our own free impserve program available here in this forum.

This is also how you would download ebooks from our E-Books Uploads .IMP Books library forum into your EBW1150 i.e just download the .imp ebook to your main eBookwise Librarian Bookshelf folder or your impserve shelf folder and then transfer it like above.

Does this make sense now? If not, re-read this post about using the eBookwise Librarian program or this post about using the ETI servers.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Enjoy your new EBW1150 - they are great devices!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Hi, I downloaded some of the imp books available here in the ebooks section. Tried to upload them to my machine via the personal content server at ebookwise.com but none of them would go through. I have transferred numerous other files in the past, which I converted using the mobi2imp program. Any idea why the free imp files would not go through? Thanks.

//edited to add//

I am delighted to say I figured out the imp server listed in this part of the forum, and was able to upload some classics to my ebookwise 1150 for my 7 year old daughter to read! she is reading Little House in the Big Woods right now! Thanks to the people who have made this available!

Last edited by booklover6; 02-14-2010 at 09:33 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fic