Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 05:58 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Make 3 Cents and Get Three FREE Ebooks.

Someone may have mentioned a promotion like this that Amazon had before (it may have been me. ). Anyway, I'm not sure of that, and even if I or someone else has mentioned this before, it bears repeating (maybe).

Here's how to get three free books. Point your web browser to this Amazon URL. You'll see thumbnails of the covers of about 14 books. Buy three of them--they are all 99 cents each. Amazon will issue you [I]a credit of $3[I].

You may be saying to yourself, and maybe to someone else, too--yes, but that's a credit, not 3 actual dollars! Well, you are going to buy something from Amazon before January 31 aren't you? Three dollars credit or $3 cash--what's the difference?

Make sure that you read all of the "conditions" (they're not very onerous, for the most part), especially the ones above the thumbnails (the rest of the rules are below the thumbnails).

Of course, the drawback is that, out of only 14 choices, you may not see any, or but 1 or 2 books, that interest you. Still, you want to buy 3, even if that is the case, in order to get the credit. Too, as one of the conditions points out, the $3 credit is good (only) for "the purchase of select Kindle Exclusive books." Unfortunately, we don't get to see what the Kindle Exclusive choices are going to be.

I didn't check any of the books, but one or more of the ebooks may have Whispersync deals (I couldn't find a way to sort or filter them out of the ebook choices), and one or more of those may have really well-priced ones, what with the ebook component being only 99 cents.

All of the books are fiction, so we non-fictionistas need not waste our time. That is, unless we want the 3-cent credit for the choice of some Kindle Exclusive books.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-13-2019 at 06:15 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
There are actually a "very" few non-fiction books in the list, such as:

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Cool-...98103&sr=1-516

https://www.amazon.com/BEAUTY-YOUR-F...98233&sr=1-498

https://www.amazon.com/Hillbilly-Hea...98355&sr=1-407

etc.
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Of course, the drawback is that, out of only 14 choices, you may not see any, or but 1 or 2 books, that interest you. Still, you want to buy 3, even if that is the case, in order to get the credit. Too, as one of the conditions points out, the $3 credit is good (only) for "the purchase of select Kindle Exclusive books." Unfortunately, we don't get to see what the Kindle Exclusive choices are going to be.
Sorry, but I saw more than 500 choices... including several Ed McBain 87th Precinct books.

Still a bit confused about the reward though... "select kindle exclusives" sounds more than a little limiting.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Sorry, but I saw more than 500 choices... including several Ed McBain 87th Precinct books.

Still a bit confused about the reward though... "select kindle exclusives" sounds more than a little limiting.
It is more than a little limiting. Let's hope that there are a lot of those "select" titles that are offered.

I didn't see the other 486 books--I don't know what I did wrong. I'll definitely take another look-see!

Thanks to you and specificwriter!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #5
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
I already had Book 1 in Anne Frasier's Elise Sandburg mystery/thriller/suspense series and used this promo to buy books 2-4. Immediately thereafter, I received an email stating:

Quote:
– CONGRATULATIONS –

You’ve earned a promotional credit of $3 because you recently purchased an eligible Kindle Exclusive book. Your credit can only be redeemed towards the select Kindle Exclusive books at the link below.

The credit will be automatically applied to your next qualifying Kindle Exclusive book purchase. Please note the promotional credit will not be visible in your account, but it can be viewed in your order summary after your order has processed.

This credit will expire on January 31, 2018 at 11:59 (PT). Additional Terms and Conditions are included below.
Quote:
Offer Terms & Conditions
• Offer only applies to Kindle book titles sold and delivered through Amazon.com on the Kindle Exclusive Romance titles’ page (other than certain limited Kindle book titles). • Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on January 28, 2019. • You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account and instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit. • The promotional credit will be credited to your account within 7 days of initial qualifying purchase and, once credited, will be automatically applied to a future qualifying purchase. • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $3 to be used for a qualifying purchase on one eligible Kindle book from the Kindle Exclusive Romance titles’ page (other than certain limited Kindle book titles). • The promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on January 31, 2019. • The promotional credit will not be visible in your account, but will automatically apply to your next qualifying eBook purchase. The promotional credit can be viewed in your order summary after you place an order for an eligible book. • Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of the Kindle book after discount, plus applicable taxes. • Redemption of this offer requires an Amazon.com account and acceptance of the Amazon Kindle Store Terms of Use. • Offer does not apply to physical goods. • Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. • Offer limited to one per customer and account. • Offer may not be combined with other offers. • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all eligible promotional items in your order. • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. • Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Here's the "Eligible Titles Page" for the $3 credit, ranked in price from low (the cheapest is $3.99) to high (the dearest is $6.49).

I used the credit to buy another bestseller in that genre: The Short Drop, by Gibson Vaughn.

FYI, Chase Offers gives 20% cash back for Amazon Kindle purchases, on some cards, which stacks with whatever other cash back or rewards your card might qualify for.

Last edited by Froide; 01-14-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Love your posts Gtrs, but this thread title should be changed. One has to spend a minimum of $4 of real money, to get 4 books from a very select list. A somewhat decent deal, but a clickbait thread title due to the limitations. Now is it was a pure $3 credit to be used on anything, as it appears you thought initially, it’d be a good deal.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thanks for posting!
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I had been intending to get some of the Precinct 87 novels, so that was OK. The selection for redeeming the credit is very disappointing. The only interesting one, to me, is James Duane's book. He's the law professor from the much-watched "Don't Talk to the Police" video on YouTube. You Have the Right to Remain Innocent for $5.99. (This is also a Great on Kindle Book with the 25% credit.)
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #9
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Love your posts Gtrs, but this thread title should be changed. One has to spend a minimum of $4 of real money, to get 4 books from a very select list. A somewhat decent deal, but a clickbait thread title due to the limitations. Now is it was a pure $3 credit to be used on anything, as it appears you thought initially, it’d be a good deal.
I don't mind your correction. In fact, I'm glad that you made the post; it benefits others--personally, I've found nothing of interest to me, so far, about the deal.

There are at least a few fairly reasonably priced--$6-ish--Whispersync deals among the very select list. I don't know how that would work with the deal that this thread is about.