Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
steins
steins began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to set value of custom column automatically?

Hi,

I have a question but I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask. If so, please kindly let me know where I should ask my question. Many thanks in advance.

I am trying to create Metadata Plugin for new Web page.
I succeeded in setting title , author and publisher automatically when I choose to download metadata.
But I can't understand how to set value of a custom column.

What would be the best way to do this?
steins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata download plugins cannot set custom column metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:27 AM   #3
steins
steins began at the beginning.

Thank you for your response.

So, how can I set value of a custom column without using metadata plugin?

I found “GetFileName plugin” which allows storing the name of imported file in a custom column, but I couldn’t understand which part of this source code set value of a custom column.
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278559)

Appreciate your help.
steins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steins View Post
I found “GetFileName plugin” which allows storing the name of imported file in a custom column, but I couldn’t understand which part of this source code set value of a custom column.
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278559)
Ask in the GetFileName plugin thread

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I have the same issue with the wikidata metadata plugin. My current plan is to make a wikidata GUI plugin that will update metadata in custom columns and probably also merge metadata in built in columns, neither of which can the metadata plugin do.

In the next week I hope to have code for that.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:23 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, if you want to update custom column, I recommend a GUI plugin, it's the easiest way (it's not easy with a File Type plugin, I can tell you).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote