Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
wrench100
wrench100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Trouble writing plugin to save MOBI files

I'm working on a plug-in that includes the option to save the currently selected books as MOBI files to a specific location that varies depending on the book's tags.

I'm having trouble figuring out what class will actually do the save. Is that the SaveToDiskAction class? If so, what are the parameters that it wants?

Thank you
wrench100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to use any class to do this. Simply use the copy_format_to() function of the database to do it. The database api is documented in the user manual.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
wrench100

Oh that's great, thank you.

I've got it working as long as I specify a full path to the destination file name. If I give it just a path – path="/Users/wanderer/Desktop" – it throws an error, complaining that I've only given it a path. I see from the docs that this should work. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on a Mac. The error it's giving is:

IOError:[Errno 21] Is a directory: u'/Users/wanderer/Desktop'

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
wrench100

Also, I need to be about to write out the cover to a JPEG file.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
wrench100

Whoops! Silly me, there's a copy_cover_to method right there. Sorry about that.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The docs say you can use a path, by which they mean a path to a file, not a path to a directory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugin, save_to_disk, saving