Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #121
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I think it is not so much a version problem as much as it is that you don't have the FUSE library and kernel modules installed. I'm a Fedora Core guy but search your software package repositories for fuse-libs and fuse-kmdl, basically anything to do with something called 'fuse', and install them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace
I believe I may already have FUSE installed. I followed the instructions here http://www.ubuntux.org/fuse-sshfs and the packages were already installed and I was already a member of 'fuse'.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #122
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
fuse-sshfs doesn't sound right, that is for mounting a filesystem over SSH using FUSE. Does that readerfs tools have a homepage somewhere? It sounds like you need a specific FUSE module.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #123
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
fuse-sshfs doesn't sound right, that is for mounting a filesystem over SSH using FUSE. Does that readerfs tools have a homepage somewhere? It sounds like you need a specific FUSE module.
You know, this thread might have something to do with that
To be exact, it describes (and one or two articles have it attached) such a FUSE module. This is what I have been trying to use (unsuccessfully).
There is no such website, however one would be welcomed at this point.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #124
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
In such a case, I would search my entire software package repository for any modules pertaining to 'fuse' - which is what I tried to say earlier. Like I said, I am on fedora core so my "yum search fuse" would be meaningless as I think Ubuntu uses apt but I'm sure there is a graphical software package manager with a search function in there somewhere.

To reiterate, this
Quote:
./readerfs: error while loading shared libraries: libfuse.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
lines states that whatever you have done to get fuse installed, it has failed. As far as your system is concerned, fuse is not installed. I don't know what you did to install it, I don't know how knowledgeable you are about linux in general, and I am not experienced on Ubuntu so my advise is restricted to general descriptions.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #125
dynamike
Enthusiast
dynamike began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, PRS-505
Try to search the Ubuntu repositories using synaptic or aptitude. On a recent Ubuntu it should find the packages "fuse-utils" and "libfuse2".
dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert